LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Megha (Asst manager)     17 November 2016

Education loan

I took education loan from SBI 2008. last year i settled it.amount was mutually settled by me and bank. I got the NOC from bank at that time. now bank has again started calling me for the repayment of balance amount.. even i recieved a notice from lok adalat..new manager says last manager did some mistake..so you have to pay some more amount...do i need to pay though i have NOC from bank...please help

Learning

4 Replies

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     17 November 2016

Refer the MATTER TO BANK OMBUDSMAN.  AFTER THAT FILE THE CASE IN CONSUMER COURT  OR DRT.  iF YOU APPRECIATE THIS ANSWER PLEASE CONVEY YOUR FORUM THANKS BY CLICKING THANKS.

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     17 November 2016

Refer the MATTER TO BANK OMBUDSMAN.  AFTER THAT FILE THE CASE IN CONSUMER COURT  OR DRT.  iF YOU APPRECIATE THIS ANSWER PLEASE CONVEY YOUR FORUM THANKS BY CLICKING THANKS.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     17 November 2016

First ensure two things.

1)The NOC given by the Bank is safely preserved.

2.Bank has not issued any notice, informing any mistake and demanded any payment since the NOC.

Issue a Registered notice seeking information the grounds on which they are demanding repayment of a loan, after giving NOC and without giving any communication to borrower since giving NOC.  Specifically inform them that you are treating this as harassment and it amounts to deficiency of service and you will be compelled to resist all such attempts made by the bank.

If you have already received summons from Lokadalat, go prepared with written submissions on the same line that you have settled the account, obtained NOC and there was never any notice or demand from the bank, and that the bank is harassing you even after such settlement.

Depending on further steps of Bank you may respond.

SHARAD CHANDRA DANEJ (Asstt. Manager)     17 November 2016

Megha,

If you have a NOC from the bank tht all the dues are cleared then you need not worry. But if the bank says there was some mistake and you still owe some amount to bank, then please get a copy of the statement of loan account and calculate yourself if the bank has really committed a mistake. If its genuine mistake on the part of the bank, then really you need to pay your dues to the bank. Here you can negotiate the terms of repayment.  If there's no mistake on the part of the bank and they have issued a genuine NOC to you, then you can sue the bank for defamation.

If you appreciate this please click on thumbs up button just below my profile.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register