Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Fez   31 January 2017

ELECTRICITY VIGILANCE RAID AT MY RESIDENCE.

Electicity Vifilance Department raid at my residnce and charge us Rs 1,25,000 for illegely using the electricity than was taken in police custody for one night and next morning i produced in the court where i paid Rs 20,000 bail to the court. Now its been 20 days without electicity at my residence beause we are unable to get the electric meter back. We have told the court we can clear the amount like monthly emi which will take alot of time but right now how can we get back our electricity back ????.. BEST agents are asking us to get a no objection letter from the court to get the meter back but than the police tells me theres nothing il get from the court till the amount the charged me is settled which is going to take alot of time because il be clearing my amount like on monthly emi but till i dont clear the amount how will my family survive so many months without electicity. Different pople say different things. I have all my documents but than how to get the meter back right ???? Please help. Please email i can get in touch on phone.

Learning

9 Replies

Adv. Yogen Kakade (+ 91 9225510883)     31 January 2017

Ask your lawyer to present a decleartion to pay the amount in certain period of time and request the court to pass an order to get the electricity services again.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     31 January 2017

Agreeing with Mr. Yogen Kakade, pray and obtain clear order from court.

Fez   31 January 2017

Mr. Kakade i have already asked for the same but they tell me there is no such law that the court will give me a written letter for this,they tell me to get it myself from the BEST deprtment. Than again my BEST agent tells me to get him a letter from the court and the court people tell me the the letter has 3 copies one is in court the 2nd copy is sent to BEST and the 3rd copy is in the police station. When i go to police statn they tell me they are not going to hand over that copy to me its only for the police and when i tell the police officers that i need that for my meter they tell me the other copy is already sent to BEST. Than again the BEST pe4son tells me to get that from the police. I am hopeless now. Please help. Can call me 9892233700

P. Venu (Advocate)     31 January 2017

You may obtain a direction from Executive Magistrate or the High Court for restoration of power supply. Pending criminal case is not alibi for denial of a basic amenity.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     31 January 2017

Is it not workable to get certified copy from court!

Fez   01 February 2017

I am very thankful people here showing so much concern but i am totally left in the middle of the road dont know where to go. Again spoke to a lawyer and he said to get a letter from the BEST asking for the requirement of NOC to issue a meter. The layer doesnot knows to which departmnt should i go and ask for the NOC. The lawyer just tells me to go to some highly posted officer. Tomorrow wil again go to BEST. Anyone here from Mumbai ????? I have also givn my no in my prevs mesg.

Fez   01 February 2017

I am very thankful people here showing so much concern but i am totally left in the middle of the road dont know where to go. Again spoke to a lawyer and he said to get a letter from the BEST asking for the requirement of NOC to issue a meter. The layer doesnot knows to which departmnt should i go and ask for the NOC. The lawyer just tells me to go to some highly posted officer. Tomorrow wil again go to BEST. Anyone here from Mumbai ????? I have also givn my no in my prevs mesg.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     01 February 2017

read the above views and your anxiety.

It is also essential that you should have peace of mind.  You have to forget about getting the connection back without paying the dues with penalty.

You are lucky to get bail without paying 50% of the fine.

Fez   02 February 2017

I need to make installments because i dont have so much cash to pay alf amount whatever i am charged. The reason behing my panic is i have old parents family to look after have school going children at home who cant study. I am ready to pay them in installment but it eill take months to lear the whole amount till than we need a connection to survive. All my previous bills were already clear but i was using/stealing direct connection just because one of the agent fled away with the cash i paid him to get my meter backlast time and since than was stealing direct electricity. What if a person doesnot have so much cash to clear even half the amount how can his family stay like that for months till he clears the amount in installments. Was all my mistake that i had given cash to a fraud person to fix my meter and since he went absconding i started using direct line. Have accepted my crime and ready to pay in installments but for how long can my family staylike that ???

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register