LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sandy (Manager)     25 May 2011

E-mail Hacked

My business email IDs got hacked three months back leading to huge monetary losses. Due to lack of proper knowledge of law, I put up a complaint with the Cyber Cell of Police and they enquired and found out the details of the hacker from the details I gave them, who resides another police station limit. I filed a complaint with the Commissioner of Police requesting legal action against the culprit two months ago.Only recently I came to know about the fact that Cyber Cell wing donot register cyber cases but only investigates them. I got the statement and other details of cyber cell investigation by RTI. Now I am in a dilemma on how to proceed further registering suit against the hacker. Now the complaint I put up with the Commissioner of Police has been forwarded to the Local Police Station of my area.

Please help me by answering the following queries that I have and also kindly advise me how to act further

1. Where should now the FIR be filed. Is it in the hacker's area's Local Police station or my location's Local Police station

2. Is it necessary to make fresh FIR or should I make use of all the details received from the Cyber Cell and then make the FIR

3. Also would it be wise to file a private compaint with the Court for further actions.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register