Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anish Madhavi (Owner)     17 January 2014

E magazine [ copyright & trademark ]

Hi,

I want to publish an E magazine which will be available only on Internet.

Through my research I have come to know that its necessary for a Magazine to be registered with RNI but it is not necessary for an E magazine to be registered with RNI.

So my concerned is:

1] Is my above information that it is not compulsory for a E magazine to be registered is correct.

2] Will I be able to sell advertisement on e magazine legally if I don't registered it.

3] How can I protect the Name of my E magazine from being copied or be used by some other person/ company  without going for registration with RNI since it is very lenghty process. So if i can apply for trademark etc ?

Awaiting experts reply, advice and suggestions

Learning

7 Replies

Rohan Pradhan (Legal Officer)     18 January 2014

you can get your magazine name/logo registered under trademark Act and the content of  the magazine can be protected under copyright Act in order to avoid any misuse of it.

1 Like

Anish Madhavi (Owner)     18 January 2014

Thanks for your reply Mr. Rohan,

Can you also tell me if I am correct that E magazine does not require to get registered with RNI

Anish Madhavi (Owner)     18 January 2014

And also what is a average cost for trademarks

Rohan Pradhan (Legal Officer)     18 January 2014

I am not sure about the registration with RNI, you can wait until some expert respond to it.

The fees for registration of trade mark is under rs 10,000/-

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     18 January 2014

Registration of e-magazine with RNI is not compulsory, however the e-news paper has to be registered.

1 Like

Anish Madhavi (Owner)     24 January 2014

Thank you Mr. T. Kalaiselvan. So do you know someone who do Newspaper or Magazine registration in Mumbai.

Lakshit Wrotes   28 November 2020

Where can I get my logo and magazine registered trademark? Where can I get my magazine's content copyright registered?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register