LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vinod Srivastav (SFA)     30 August 2018

E-commerce company providing seller warranty

I had bought an O general airconditioner online from flipkart on the 10th August 2018. T 2018he warranty details clearly mentions that the warranty will be covered by the brand. 

I went ahead booked the product online as all the terms and condition was geniune with the brand warranty covered.

12th August 2018 the product was delivered and i again contacted Flipkart confirming the warranty coverage and they confirmed on the 15th August that the brand warranty is applicable. With their written evidence i went ahead and got the air conditioner installed the same day evening.

For claiming warranty i called the Brand's customer care number and ask them cover the warranty against the serial number of the product in the invoice.

The customer care confirmed that PRODUCTS BOUGHT FROM ECOMMERCE SITES ARE NOT WARRANTY COVERED.

I called the flipkart customer service team , sent email multiple time and finally this morning i got an email saying that the product will be covered against seller's warranty not manufacturer's warranty.

I really doubt that the product sold by flipkart is genuine.

I request forum to help me as to what is the rights of consumers against the U turn done by the Flipkart ?

Learning

3 Replies

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     23 September 2018

If at all you ahve any warranty problem, you need to go to the consumer forum.

Anil Kumar (Businessman)     07 October 2018

Sorry to hear that. I have stopped shopping on Flipkart since 2015! Before that they cared for the customer and mostly sold through their own seller, but in 2015 they started getting all kinds of 3rd party sellers and totally deteriorated the shopping experience. Nowadays flipkart is just a shopping site with crooks & fraud sellers.
I have been shopping on Amazon since then and I am surprised by their consistency and customer care.

Coming to your query, you should definitely file a case in consumer forum. Do you have a screenshot of the website mentioning brand warranty at the time of sale? You need to gather all kinds of proof first.

Vinod Srivastav (SFA)     07 October 2018

Thank you for reply. Yes I do have screen shot of the website promising brand warranty at the the point of sale . And also to confirm it again post the delievery of the product I called the filpkart customer care for warranty confirmation yet again before installation of the airconditioner that was delivered to me. They had sent me an email confirming the brand warranty is available and asked me to go ahead with the installation without further delay. I haven�t filed any case till date in consumer court . How do I go about please ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register