Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ganesh Nair (Employed)     18 January 2017

Dv case by my mother against wife and her family

Respected all,

wife and family has caused my family especially my aged parents immense trauma and tension by assaulting , abusing and shaming us by calling our relativise and friends and accusing us falsely on all counts. They have also filed a498a and DV also against all the four of us.  They have included my brother as well and thereby causing immense damage to his marriage prospects. They have also caused immense damage to our reputation in society by their behaviour. My parents health are severely affected. The monetary loss caused to us is very high. Can my mother file a DV case against her and her family members? Can we ask for monetary  compensation? Will she be asked to pay up? If husband is unable to pay up he is quickly sent to jail. What about the wife? 

Her allegations, even if taken at face value  are nothing. Simply ," I was made to work all day and night and I was harassed for dowry". Fact is not a paise in cash , kind or gold was not even talked about or received. And it was not a shared household. 

Simply because there is a law for women does not mean that they can misuse it. Can my mother make all the four members in her family the respondents?  In the DV case? Can she demand monetary compensation for the mental trauma that she has suffered at the sunset of her life?

my mother wants to fight that DV case as party in person as she doesn't want to spend more money.  Waiting for all your valuable replies.

mean while I would like to mention here that the interim thankfully is a very nominal at Rs 3000/- month. Definitely , the court has taken into consideration all the aspects of our objection into consideration.

Learning

6 Replies

whatnot   18 January 2017

You already have law on your side and justice will be served.

Why fire an arrow which is guaranteed to draw a long battle with no final outcome?

Teaching a lesson shouldn't be your concern anymore.

Each one learns their own leson .

Would advise strongly against above moves.

But agaqin, your need  for revengae may take over comon sense.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Anonymous Iyer

Q:  Dv case by my mother against wife and her family

Read more at: https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?quote=644387&mod_id=146131#reply

Respected all,

wife and family has caused my family especially my aged parents immense trauma and tension by assaulting , abusing and shaming us by calling our relativise and friends and accusing us falsely on all counts. They have also filed a498a and DV also against all the four of us.  They have included my brother as well and thereby causing immense damage to his marriage prospects. They have also caused immense damage to our reputation in society by their behaviour. My parents health are severely affected. The monetary loss caused to us is very high. Can my mother file a DV case against her and her family members? Can we ask for monetary  compensation? Will she be asked to pay up? If husband is unable to pay up he is quickly sent to jail. What about the wife? 

Her allegations, even if taken at face value  are nothing. Simply ," I was made to work all day and night and I was harassed for dowry". Fact is not a paise in cash , kind or gold was not even talked about or received. And it was not a shared household. 

Ans:  Simply because there is a law for women does not mean that they can misuse it.

Can my mother make all the four members in her family the respondents?  In the DV case? Can she demand monetary compensation for the mental trauma that she has suffered at the sunset of her life?

my mother wants to fight that DV case as party in person as she doesn't want to spend more money.  Waiting for all your valuable replies.

mean while I would like to mention here that the interim thankfully is a very nominal at Rs 3000/- month. Definitely , the court has taken into consideration all the aspects of our objection into consideration.

You are here to seek illegal advice?  Shame on people like you.  You could not lead marital life and as a result everyone in your family is suffering.  And as if that is not enough you want to file cases on your wifes family and seek revenge?

Eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

Settle matter without wasting further time.  Time is precious.  You will lose youth in court if you fight these cases which will yeild nothing.  Problem with the society has been that it has accepted unenthical things like accepting or seeking dowry from time immemorial.  If that system was not there, there was no neeed for govt to come up with 498a or DV acts.

If you have taken money return it back.  Take divorce and let everyone be peaceful, if not you.  Because of you your brothers life is already a mess.  I advice you to settle matter amicably as early as possible.

Ganesh Nair (Employed)     18 January 2017

Thank you what not, 

sure. Not going to file any cases. I was just asking so that they will refrain from filing new cases against us. That's all . Thank you once again.  And Mr. Helping hand! Why do you think there are only dowry seeking people? Time to change your perception. There is no need for people like us to feel ashamed. We can always hold our heads high whether you like it or not. Find out the real problem that is plaguing the society. Any way you have a hand that "helps"

Vegitta   11 April 2017

I would suggest file a case, thereby they will atleat know what it fill like to attain court. Let them also give taste of harassment. There may chsnces they can come for settlement.

stanley (Freedom)     11 April 2017

@ Iyer 

Its better to set yourself free from the current cases filed on you . There is no point running around courts filing n no of  cases. I see from your post that there being no evidence in her case it is  going to fall apart . Patience persistence and keeping a cool mind is the key to sucess . Leave aside all the hatred revenge that has accumulated due to the false cases filed on . Visit the temple and keep praying and mediatating it will give you peace of mind  .One day you will be free from all this and will be a happier person .

1 Like

498a victim (job)     11 April 2017

Originally posted by : Helping Hand !

Originally posted by : Anonymous Iyer

Q:  Dv case by my mother against wife and her family

Read more at: https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?quote=644387&mod_id=146131#reply

Respected all,

Ans:  Simply because there is a law for women does not mean that they can misuse it.

Can my mother make all the four members in her family the respondents?  In the DV case? Can she demand monetary compensation for the mental trauma that she has suffered at the sunset of her life?

You are here to seek illegal advice?  Shame on people like you.  You could not lead marital life and as a result everyone in your family is suffering.  And as if that is not enough you want to file cases on your wifes family and seek revenge?

Eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

Settle matter without wasting further time.  Time is precious.  You will lose youth in court if you fight these cases which will yeild nothing.  Problem with the society has been that it has accepted unenthical things like accepting or seeking dowry from time immemorial.  If that system was not there, there was no neeed for govt to come up with 498a or DV acts.

If you have taken money return it back.  Take divorce and let everyone be peaceful, if not you.  Because of you your brothers life is already a mess.  I advice you to settle matter amicably as early as possible.

My Helping Hand

Keep your faltu advice with in yourself only

If this forum has startes this means that any sufferer can ask their problems, if u dont want to answer you are free to keep shut your mouth

why are u keep on alleging the person who is facing 498a. what do you think that every man is a dowry seeker and beat their wife for dowry??

and why are you blaming this guy for not succeding the married life. he had tried hard or might have tried hard to save the marriage life but bcos of those money hungry people like those inlaws and the women biased law he is not able to whats his fault.

and why are you always take side of setteling the matter by paying up money

if everyone who was been falsly implicated under this biased law stops doing settlement and fight on merit on their own can make change.

This has increased becouse of the out of court settlements and not fighting the case on merit

yes its true that time is precious and its also true that its a time consuming matter but for that you can not blame a person who has been falsly implicated in this biased law

I am writting this because you have also blammed as same as you are blaming this might be innocent person

atleast if u care than you shoul help those persons by the mean of law not by blamming them in such way

Sorry if it hurts you but think as on our place

We earn money doing a hard work and job and even being taken to a single paisa if we falls in such conditions what to do
ANd why should we give our hard earning to them?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register