Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SM (C)     02 January 2013

Drink & Drive

Hi,

I was caught for drink and drive near Irla in Oct 2011. The officer on duty tried several times asking me to blow into the instrument and finally gave a verdict that I have a limit of 0.9 and took me to the Juhu Police Station after asking me to sign some documents. I had to pay Rs 2000 in the police station and was asked to appear before the court. On the advice of my lawyer I refused the charges and was given a date in Sept 2012. I appeared before the court in Sept 2012 again denying the charges and In less than 5 seconds was given a   new date in August 2013. I have been hearing of Lok adalats in which such cases can be settled but have not been subject to any so far in over 15 months.

I plan to move out of Mumbai and wish to settle the case and take vback my license which has been held with the police. Please can someone tell me  the earliest date for lok adalat in Andheri Eastt court to resolve drink and drive cases. Alternatively is there a way to settle this prior to the given date in August 2013

Thanks

SM

Learning

7 Replies

SM (C)     19 January 2013

Please advice on the above. Thanks

SM (C)     19 January 2013

Please suggest on this. need to close it at the earliest.

Thanks

SM

Originally posted by : SM

Hi,

I was caught for drink and drive near Irla in Oct 2011. The officer on duty tried several times asking me to blow into the instrument and finally gave a verdict that I have a limit of 0.9 and took me to the Juhu Police Station after asking me to sign some documents. I had to pay Rs 2000 in the police station and was asked to appear before the court. On the advice of my lawyer I refused the charges and was given a date in Sept 2012. I appeared before the court in Sept 2012 again denying the charges and In less than 5 seconds was given a   new date in August 2013. I have been hearing of Lok adalats in which such cases can be settled but have not been subject to any so far in over 15 months.

I plan to move out of Mumbai and wish to settle the case and take vback my license which has been held with the police. Please can someone tell me  the earliest date for lok adalat in Andheri Eastt court to resolve drink and drive cases. Alternatively is there a way to settle this prior to the given date in August 2013

Thanks

SM

Network Jack (Engineer)     27 July 2013

Can you please tell me what happened with your case. I am also one who is booked in drink and drive case. please tell me if your case is resolved?

NSG (none)     31 July 2013

I got in a similar situation earlier this month.

You should get a lawyer. He would most probably suggest you plead not guilty.

You can file an application at the court for a return of license the day after your first hearing. It could take 2 weeks for you to get your license back.

I don't know how long the trail would go on for but I'm told that it would be sorted in a lok adalat.

Network Jack (Engineer)     31 July 2013

Thanks friend

I got a lawyer and I also got my licence back. I have also been told by my lawyer that he will sort this out in Lok adalat

By the way in which court your case is regestered

NSG (none)     31 July 2013

Dadar court.

Keep me posted on how your case proceeds.

1 Like

Bharath   11 September 2018

any updates on this ? for the benifit of others can you share what happend after this please it would really help others.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register