LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

madhu (HR Manager)     20 October 2014

Dowry harassment

Can My wife file any case in the police station while my divorce petition in the court ?

They gave me 25 soverign of gold to their girl (No demand from our side ) and they provided me 2 shirts/pants and 4gms of gold ..

I never demanded any money/gold from her.. all marriage expenses are out of our pocket ?

But i insisted to do custom procedures like diwali gifts/ baby tonsure / baby naming ceremony funtions etc... like that

Can she book me under dowry harassment on basis of above sitation?

Learning

6 Replies

yogendra (engineer)     20 October 2014

yes case can be filed but proving in court very very difficult.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     20 October 2014

Dowry means 1. Money or property brought by a bride to her husband at marriage. Also called dower.
2. A sum of money required of a postulant at a convent.
3. A natural endowment or gift; a talent.

madhu (HR Manager)     20 October 2014

But i never demanded them any money.... What they gave her daughter is their own wish.... Moreover i never thought of sending her home based on money or gold issues till now...

But i insisted to do custom procedures like diwali gifts/ baby tonsure / baby naming ceremony funtions etc... like that

It is common in our society .. Isn't it... Giving something to son-in-law on few occasions is common....Will that be considered as dowry ?

yogendra (engineer)     20 October 2014

Bhai kuch nahi hona jaana.....there is no term dowery.before marriage lenden is streedhan.giving dowery is also crime....isliye dowery pe daro mat.shaadi ke baad to kuch lenden nahi kiya na....ya demnd to nahi ki...

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     21 October 2014

but you have another stody to tell at

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=111074&offset=1#.VEXL5FeO5G0

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     21 October 2014

admitted beating her  on

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=111058&offset=1

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register