Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vinay Kathuria (Team lead)     25 October 2014

Dowry case before marriage

Hi,

My marriage was fixed sometime back and rings were exchanged in a typical arrange marriage. After which I started to realize that girl has an affair with someone. And her parents was pushing her to get married to me, I tried to get more details from her and realized that she still has feelings for her. immediately post that I said no to marriage, but as soon as I said no, her father started pushing her and she started showing 2 faces. In one side she wants to marry me in front of her parents and in other side she doesn't want to marry me. Her parents also succeeded in taking my a/c number in which they transferred an amount of 4 lac, but after saying no, I immediately transferred that money through bank account to them. but unfortunately even after that they started threatening my family saying that we need to compensate all the expenses , because of which I transferred 6 lac more  to his bank account. Now they have sent a lawyer notice to me asking for 10lacs in addition to what I have already transferred, else section 406 will be slapped on me.

I do have emails in which her boyfriend asked me not to marry her, and I have a photo also of them partying together in a tourist spot. On top of this I have some jewellery worth 3-4 lacs with them which I gave them 3 months before marriage date(I said no 2 months before marriage). Now I am afraid, what wrong have I done? What should I do if they slap a case against me? I do have some proofs/pointers to prove that they are threatening me and my family , girl has a affair and more than required money has already been transferred to them. But still Can these proofs save me?

Learning

2 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     25 October 2014

Dear,

Don't worry, they are just trying to harass you. Better file a complaint as a precaution to the nearest police station regarding the threats.

Adv Kapil Chandna

Rajender Kalra (Men's Rights Activist )     28 October 2014

They cannot do anything..you engage a lawyer to reply to their legal notice...406 will not stand in court...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register