Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manohar Manu (NA)     15 January 2017

Doubt about dp act 3

Hello Legal Team,

If accused is convicted under DP act 3, can he file a case against bride's parents for giving dowry under DP act 3.? Pls advice

Regards,

Manohar

Learning

11 Replies

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Manohar Manu
Hello Legal Team,

If accused is convicted under DP act 3, can he file a case against bride's parents for giving dowry under DP act 3.? Pls advice

Regards,

Manohar

Yes, that should have been done simultaneously. Both taking dowry and giving dowry is an offence under Dowry Prohibition Act.

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     15 January 2017

A person accused under DP Act got convicted can he file a case against the bride's parents  for giving him dowry. Yes, under the same Dowry Prophibition Act 3 he can bring to book  bride's parents  prosecuted and punished for the offence of giving him dowry.If you appreciate this answer please give me a like on my profile.

1 Like

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     15 January 2017

Do not speculate.get exhorted. Do not waste time and energy on futile experiment

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     15 January 2017

Do not speculate.get exhorted. Do not waste time and energy on futile experiment

Manohar Manu (NA)     15 January 2017

Sir,

Can convicted person do it now? Judgement passed 10 days before.. In that judgement it is clearly mentioned Bride's parents have given dowry, and it is proved under DP act 3. If so what is the procedure to sue bride's parents?

Regards,

Manohar

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     16 January 2017

FILE seperate Private compalint against bride's parents  in a Magiwstrate's court and ADD THEM AS  OPPOSITE PARTIES DEFENDANTS 1 AND 2  AND PROSECUTE THEM FOR THE OFFENCE OF GIVING DOWRY. PRESENT ALL THE EVIDENCE YOU HAVE BEFORE THE COURT IN YOUR FAVOUR AGAINST BRIDE'S PARENTS.THEM.AWARDING OF PUNISHMENT  THE COURFT   WILL SEE.iF jUDGMENT IS AGAINST YOU OR THE -PROSECUTION  EITHER OFYOU MAY PREFER APPEAL. iN THE APPEAL IF YOU ARE THE APPPLANT JOIN THEM AS RESPONSDENTS 1 AND 2 AND PROSECUTE  THEM. iF YOU ARE THE DEFENCE SIDE PROSECUTE YOUR BRIDE'S PARENTS BY FILING  CROSS OBJECTIONS TO THE MEMMORANDUM OF GROUNDS OF APPEAL.iF YOU APPRECIATE THIS ANSWER PLEASE GIVE ME A LIKE ON MY PROFILE.

srk (Service)     17 January 2017

I agree with Mr.Sudhir Kumar, I dont think its that easy to convict Bride's parents. Everyone including the Cops, Defence, Prosecution and the Judge know that bride's parents are equally responsible for dowry but why no one includes their name in the FIR or charge sheet? in how many cases were the bride's parents punished for giving dowry until now?

If you have the time and patience, there is nothing wrong in trying. all the best 

(Guest)

After thought cases cant win in court.  Yes, giving dowry is offence and is punishable crime under IPC and also dowry prohibition act.  But when the girls father wanted to give dowry, then you should have filed case on them that they are pressurising you to accept dowry.  You then jollywell accepted dowry as you thought it ws your birth right.  Now as you are convicted you want them also to be convicted. That wont work.

Its already proved in court that due to your pressurising they gave dowry, so you are convicted.

If you wanted to nail them too, you should have filed counter 498a on the girls parents and the girl the day when the filed case on you people, then both of you would have comrpomised the situation and parted ways.  To file counter 498a you need to be honest and have good conscience.  Which is not present in you.  If it were present you would have simply gone ahead with counter 498a and nailed them for giving dowry.

Now  just do time in jail.  Next time dont take dowry.

(Guest)
I have not a heard a single case where dowry giver was ever convicted and jailed.

Manohar Manu (NA)     09 February 2017

Dear Helping Hand,

I have not taken any dowry and that girl's parents too admitted in their statement and cross evidence, we have not given any dowry and neither we demanded any dowry. But still magistrate himself in his judgement wrote, it is proved that dowry is given, though no bills and receipts were produced.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Manohar Manu
Dear Helping Hand,

I have not taken any dowry and that girl's parents too admitted in their statement and cross evidence, we have not given any dowry and neither we demanded any dowry. But still magistrate himself in his judgement wrote, it is proved that dowry is given, though no bills and receipts were produced.

You can mail me your papers 

handhelping30@yahoo.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register