Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

satya prasad (manager)     16 October 2012

Donated property

Hi Sir,

I am Nayana, Second Daughter(3 daughters) to my father's first wife. My father married after my mothers death, and my step mother has a child.

All of the 3 sisters of  are married. 4th sister(step mother) is studying her higher education. My father didnt take signatures from any of the 3 sisters when he married. I heared he has to take no objetion from us.

My fatherr purchaged a property on my name and registered on my name. I had, Bone Cancer because of trauma at the age of 15. At the time of operation my step mother insisted my father to transfer that property to his name to make arrange of money to my operation. So my father registered it as property donation. My age is 19 at that time.

Now My step mother is asking for half of my father properties. and the rest to 3 sisters. 

Can I cancel the donation? Or any legal advice how to face my step mother?

Learning

2 Replies

Bhawani Mahapatra (Law Officer)     16 October 2012

Dear Nayan

My father didnt take signatures from any of the 3 sisters when he married. I heared he has to take no objetion from us.

Though your father re-married after your mother's death, there is no need of taking anybody's consent to that marriage.

Now My step mother is asking for half of my father properties. and the rest to 3 sisters. 

Can I cancel the donation? Or any legal advice how to face my step mother

Though the property is purchase at the time when you were minor, it would be treated as self acquired property of your father. You 3 sisters jointly are entitled to get 1/2 and the rest would go to your step mother and her son+daughter.

satya prasad (manager)     16 October 2012

Hi sir,

Thank you for your kind reply.

We are treated as slaves in the home from childhood. and now half to her and half for 3 is injustice.

Even we cant talk to our father closely.

Now we want to fight atleast for our right and treated equally as 4th daughter. 

Please advice us.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register