LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Subha Datta (STudent)     22 November 2014

Don't want to defend myself anymore

I am defending myself against a false case filed by my wife for last 4 years. The case is for Nullity of marriage. I wanted to establish the truth by establishing the marriage. Though people generally will avoid doing so, to avoid being divorcee, I defended the case for the truth.

Now, it seems that the judge is quite convinced that the case is a false one and the establishment of marriage is a matter of next 2/3 dates. The hearing of the applicant wife is over, I attended for one day. But then I thought, if I win the case, my status will become married and then my wife will file a divorce case against me and demand a huge amount of alimony. On the other side, I will not get any compensation for the financial and mental harassment I am suffering from last 4 years. And my wife who filed the FALSE case will not be punished for harassing me or for wasting time of the court. So, why should I WIN the case? So, I stopped attending the court as now I want to loose the case. 

My question is now:  1) Can I write to the court saying the same as written above, that I am not going to defend the case for this reason. 2) Can I ask the court that if I establish myself, will the court take care of the compensation for my harassment I suffered for last 4 years by my wife and the law process in the court?  3) Can I say that, establishing myself true, if any "compensation for me " or any "punishment of my wife" is assured --then only I am going to defend myself otherwise I am not going to waste my money and time attending the court?

Learning

2 Replies

Born Fighter (xxx)     22 November 2014

Hi Subha, i think you are not sure of what you want in life.. 4 yrs you fought in the court for something that meant to you more than everything else, now you want to change your stand ?

You seem to be utterly confused, the questions you have asked , is that any kind of strategy or blackmailing to the court ? Such statements will not be admissible in the court of law my friend.....pls seek help of a lawyer atleast now and rightaway. 

SuperHero (Manager)     22 November 2014

Don't give up...You fought for 4 Years...and at the last minute your changing your mind.

Think Well...and give a Good Thought.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register