LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Domicile of this state

I am born & brought up in a place in West Bengal. Commissioned in the Army from that state in 1978. During my 30 plus years service posted to many places and states across the country. While posted to Secunderabad got married at Secunderabad..in 1984..and purchased a property in 2002,got my permanent add changed officially while in service in 2003. Since 03 Dec 2007 (my last leg posting) to my retirement on 31 Jan 2009 till date living in my own house which is my permanent add as well..I am registered with ZSWO RR and issued with the Ex-serviceman' s I card on 16 Mar 2009. Applied for CAP cert but the auth at ZSWO has denied me CAP cert for my daughter..stating " You are not domicile of this state as you have not commissioned into army from this state"..Tell me is it not a bit harsh on me? Is it not very harsh to similarly placed ex-servicemen who haven't commissioned or got recruited into the armed forces from this state.Is it not a bit bizarre as if I accept it I would never be considered Domicile of this state, where I have settled permanently leaving every thing behind.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register