Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Khalid Khan   01 August 2017

Domestic violence quashing 226 or 482 ?

Greetings

I want to file Quashing Petition/Application for a Domestic Violence application made by my wife

She has filed application after delay of 20 months since she deserted me, I want to know

1. Under which Article should I file application, Under Art 226 & 227  or Section 482 (PLEASE NOTE THAT IN BOMBAY HIGH COURT they told that we can file application under 482 OR Petition under 226 & 227, but not mix/refer both simultaneously, so which should I select

2. I want a Stay on proceeding under DV Act Case, and removal of names of my mother and sister, should what should i do, a single petition will do ??

3. If Petition Under Article 226/227 is God Forbide dismissed, then Can I appeal against it in Bombay High Court itself or I need to go to Supreme Court

FEEL FREE TO GIVE ANY OTHER TIPS /ADVICE Related to Quashing of Domestic Violence Case

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Learning

6 Replies

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     01 August 2017

It is under section 482 Cr. P. C. Getting "STAY" is not a matter of right but depends on merit and presentation of the case.

Raveena Kataria (Advocate )     01 August 2017

Hi! As stated above, the quashing of the complaint will be up to the discretion of the High Court. Evidence/list of reliable witnesses as to the fact that your wife had deserted you for a period of 20 months is likely to help your case.

Gopal Verma Advocate-on-Record (Advocate-on-Record)     01 August 2017

You can move the petition under section 482 for quashing.

SHRI GOPAL VERMA

ADVOCATE ON RECORD

SUPREME COURT OF INDIA

PH-9810090507

Email- vermag@aol.in

1 Like

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     01 August 2017

file petition u/sec 482 of Cr.P.C for queshing D.V.case.

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     01 August 2017

Yes, from the facts stated no Writ Petition lies.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     02 August 2017

Before filing a petition u/s 482 Cr PC in High Court you should join a law coaching centre.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register