LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sanjeev Dhulkhed   19 June 2019

Documents required for legal heir

My father expired 4 years back and we have house in my fathers name. This house is located in Harihar, Karnataka State. My mother has expired in 2001. As family members we are 2 brothers (me and my brother) and sister. I am currently staying in Pune. My brother stays in USA and my sister stays at Bangalore. 
We wanted to change the property name which is in our fathers name to our name (either joint or in the name
 of any one family member). We would like to know the documents that is required and needs to be prepared before going ahead. One of the govt person mentioned that we need living certificate and family tree document required. 

Please suggest/guide

Learning

4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     19 June 2019

A person who does not leave a will on his death is said to have died intestate. In such cases, the family members need to get a succession certificate to certify the legal heir who is entitled to claim the assets in accordance with the succession laws. 

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     19 June 2019

A person who does not leave a will on his death is said to have died intestate. In such cases, the family members need to get a succession certificate to certify the legal heir who is entitled to claim the assets in accordance with the succession laws.   

Application 
A petition in the prescribed format must be made to the competent Civil Court—within whose jurisdiction the asset of the deceased is situated—by the legal heir claiming the asset. The petition should contain names of all heirs; details about time, date and place of death should be mentioned in the application. A copy of the death certificate has to be produced. 

Shashi Dhara   20 June 2019

As it is immovable property all of u r jointly inherits the property as Ur natural lrs. U file joint petition to concerned authorities along with death certificates g tree to change khata or for joint khata .to nagara Sabha or municipality of harihar.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register