Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     19 August 2014

Do we listen to the god within us?

Do we listen to the God within us?

Before starting something, don’t we often get a feeling that someone from over our shoulder is telling us not to do it and when we turn around there is actually no one. It is our intuition, the voice of our inner wisdom which gets drowned in the noise of our thoughts, feelings and attitude. We all already know all that we need to know to bring about self-transformation. We are children of Shiv Baba and our creator has embedded inside us the knowledge and path to reach that perfect stage of life.

Through our cycles of birth and rebirth, we have accumulated beliefs that have flooded our mind with incorrect and useless thoughts. What we perceive as our inner voice and believe to be true, are actually distortions created by our belief system. And basis the beliefs that we have learned over a period of time we take decisions that are not the words of God.

A villager had gone to a nearby village, where a holy man was giving discourse on spirituality. He was full of enthusiasm on his way back. He thought to himself, “As Guru Ji said, I will see God in everything and everyone I come across.” He was engrossed in these thoughts when he saw a raging elephant coming towards him. The mahout, who was sitting on the elephant, was screaming and telling everyone to get out of the way as the elephant was out of control. The villager reminded himself, “Like everyone else there is God in this elephant also and god will never hurt me. I will not run away.” The mahout kept shouting but he didn’t try to run while the elephant was coming towards him. Soon the elephant reached near him, held him in his trunk and flung him in the air hurting him badly. The villager, who was hurt, was very disappointed and went back to the holy man to check with him. He narrated the entire incident, “You told me there is god in each one of us. Then why did that elephant hurt me. God would never hurt his children.” The holy man smiled and said, “Did you notice that the mahout kept asking you get out of the way? Why didn’t you believe him and did not accept his words as words of God?”

It is only by a regular practice of meditation that we can purify a soul. When the soul is purified we can understand true spiritual knowledge. We have to move to being in a state of spiritual consciousness, only then we can displace the false beliefs that are based on body consciousness, by the true ones. When we spiritually conscious our inner voice will give us the right direction and answers that are free from wrong judgments and false distortions.

When we are beginning on the path of spirituality, it is very important that we take guidance from someone who is in that state of mind. It is their wisdom and experience of meditation that can help us differentiate between true intuition and thoughts that are distortion created by our influenced viewpoint.

Om Shanti.

B.K.Shivani,

BrahmaKumaris.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register