Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

viren   15 February 2015

Do i need to pay to get a copy of FIR while applying for AB?

Hi,

I've applied for a Anticipatory Bail for section 376. The Interim relief will be given to me tomorrow. 

My lawyer says that there is already an FIR against my name for section 376 and that i need to pay him Rs.3000 to get a copy of it from the court. Do i need to pay to get a copy of the FIR from the court? or is a copy given free to me/my laywer? My lawyer also says the copy is required for the AB. Is it really required for the AB, or can he fight for my AB without it? 

I also am unaware of any FIR against me at the time of applying for Interim relief and even now too, as the cops have not come searching for me at my house or office to pick me up. Which i believe they usually do if a Section 376 FIR is lodged.

It will be much appreciated if someone can help me with the procedure for Interim Relief and AB under section 376. 

Please advise. Thanks.

Learning

2 Replies

Ashish Dongre (Advocate)     15 February 2015

Have faith in your lawyer, yes you have to apply for certified copy of FIR

viren   15 February 2015

Does the court charge to get a certified copy of the FIR? If yes, What are the charges? Can i do this myself so i dont have to pay Rs.3000 to my lawyer for such a small thing?

Also please help me with the procedure for AB. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register