LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amit (XYZ)     05 December 2016

Divroce

My perspective second wife is a NRI and she has filed a dowry/cheating etc case in Hyderbad against her first husband after 3 years of marriage due to cruelty, dowry demands and adultery etc. I have requested her to close the cases and go for mutual divorce to settle with me early but she said her husband wont let me go easily and is still asking for money etc. My Queries :

1. Can she file for mutual or regular divroce in some other town so as to bring him to table.

2. Would it be advisable for me to marry her once her divroce proceedings begin.

Thanks.

Learning

7 Replies

Sachin (N.A)     05 December 2016

Agree with autohide4u.

Sachin (N.A)     05 December 2016

No family, including the family of the filer of a false 498A, would like to marry their own son to a lady who filed 498a on her previous husband and inlaws.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Amit

My perspective second wife is a NRI and she has filed a dowry/cheating etc case in Hyderbad against her first husband after 3 years of marriage due to cruelty, dowry demands and adultery etc. I have requested her to close the cases and go for mutual divorce to settle with me early but she said her husband wont let me go easily and is still asking for money etc. My Queries :

1. Can she file for mutual or regular divroce in some other town so as to bring him to table.
Divorce need to be filed at place of last staying together.

2. Would it be advisable for me to marry her once her divroce proceedings begin.

If you do like that you will land up in jail under 497 IPC, do as I have told below to secure divorce, get divorce and then marry her jolly well. 

Thanks.

If getting divorce is the problem, then you can ask her to apply for mutual consent divorce.  Love is divine.  Things might not have worked the first time around, there comes a time for everyone to give back and perhaps she gave back knowing that there is nothing much left in the relationship to continue.  Its just like anyway its over, let me break it completely.  Though there is a danger of she becoming the same like before and also filing false cases on you, why should one think negatively?

That fellow was like that, so she was like this.  You are not what that fellow was or is, she will surely love you, and if you so love her too, arrange money, both of you put money on sharing basis (say if he is asking 1 lac for divorce, you pay 50,000 rs, let her pay 50,0000 rs), give it to her husband, make him agree for mutual consent divorce.  He gets divorce, you get your girl.  Marry and make merry!  Trust me, people have found not just divorce in court halls and verandas, love too.

whatnot   05 December 2016

Though love is blind, don't be part of her past.

Her first marriage was consensus and has since soured. Let's not judge who is at fault.

As an adult she should what is right and set things cleared so that her future would be devoid of such mishaps.

Give all moral support and be careful about physical support (Very very careful)

Let there be cooling off period until she settles it out amicabily.

If not, your nightmare have just began.

A walk alone (-)     05 December 2016

Never get married a woman who has file 498a in her past. If you are planning to marry her then first investigate/ search about her past. As you are saying "she said her husband wont let me go easily", she is telling lie. No husband wants to ruin his life in roaming court. There might be reason which she is hiding. Dnt marry her without divorce otherwise you will be in jail under IPC 497.

Zoheb Khatri (Practicing in Mumbai ZohebKhatri@gmail.com)     06 December 2016

Let her clear her pending cases.

It is not advisable to marry her as you may also get in trouble with cases.

At Last, try to read between the lines and majority advise given by Forum Members :-)

Amit (XYZ)     06 December 2016

Hi all, thanks for your valuable advice, I got your message and really wondering why cannot I woman file for divorce in her hometown, her parents town ?

Currently she is not living in India and cant come to India too often. Can she appear through video conferencing for mutual or regular divroce in her home town. And they last stayed together abroad but not in India. Please guide.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register