Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shoan   20 September 2015

Divorce trauma – divorce and it’s after effects!

Another hectic and tiresome day! Or should I say exhaustive!

And why wouldn’t it be? Being a man, I dared to file a divorce against my wife!!! And did I do a mistake! Oh yes! As all of a sudden out of the blue moon my wife decided to charge me with Domestic Violence…

After much tries and good enough thought over situations and past happenings, I decided to file for a divorce against her. And why should I not? She hardly stayed with the family! She has not been there anytime and it was her decision to leave me and stay with her parents, to desert me, to not let me meet my daughter, to not stay with my parents who were sick and undergoing treatment for Paralysis and Diabetes.

So where did I go wrong, if I filed a divorce after she decided to not even attend or be there when my whole world was falling apart, when my parents left me!

But with all the laws supporting women and just women, I now realize it has been a mistake! It’s been a mental torture throughout!

I have been through cheating, desertion, torture and so much more! And yet! I suffer! Every moment!

I have not been able to meet my daughter!

My house has been taken away from me!

I was asked (by my beloved wife) to take back the divorce case and we will start living life together and when I did so, she charged me with Domestic Violence!

Been 3 years running to and fro for the court dates, to get rid of the false Domestic Violence case!

What does she have to lose? She has her family, our daughter, a home and a job! And yet, per the law, she is being harassed!

Is that fair?!

Learning

2 Replies

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     20 September 2015

This is a question to be put to the law makers,who sit within the four walls of the Parliament and take decisions.Since ages it has been proved that women have been the oppressed class and have always been dominated by the male community in all aspects.So to give them some solace the law makers have given them two dreaded swords called 498A and DV,to fight the aggresive males.

Every Judicial Officer right from the MM to the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court know that 90% of the cases are false.But they have to act according to the rules as laid down in the Judiciary.

The husband is only left with an option to defend himself using all his resources and fight the case.

Shoan   21 September 2015

So true! Male has to fight with the resources he has....Problem is ... "limited" resources

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register