LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Harsha (engineer)     29 April 2019

Divorce petition allowed and what if dva dismissed

Me and my wife are separated from past 2 plus years. Meanwhile after 10 months of separation she filed DVA case and is pending before senior division court. She claims about physical ill treatment and 10 L given as hand loan initially at the time of de-monitization. However, she is not having any documents/medical records to prove her physical ill treatment and hand loan given to me.

Meanwhile, Judge has allowed her interim maintainence and granted Rs 5000/- PM starting from January 2019 and I have paid her 3 months through  DD as per Judge advice. The case is now in evidence stage with 2 dates passed. 

7 months before, she had filed a divorce case with the same content as DVA but without any monetary aspects. The divorce petition is allowed with no costs and divorce is granted last month as ex-partee.

Now my doubts are :

If she fails to prove her allegations in DVA, can the respondents file a defamation and mental harassment case against her ?

Is there any option for me for not paying her life allimony/maintainance in future if she files case section u/s 125 ?

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register