LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

GEO PAUL (IT Professional)     28 July 2014

Divorce on the ground of fraud

Wife got genetic (Chromosomal) abnormality and she will not be able to conceive.
In her family her brother was mentally handicapped and I asked them before marriage whether it was genetic, they said no, it was due to meningitis after 1 year of birth and that brother passed away before 3 years of our marriage at age of 16.

Due to infertility we did treatments and even IVF(Test tube) and all failed then doctor said to do a chromosomal test to check for the genetic disorder if any.

And the test result shows her 22nd chromosome got an abnormality.

After this I asked her for mutual consent divorce but her parents denied. Then I filed my petition and they are contesting against it.

I filed my case on 23rd July 2013.

In Aug 2013 1st sitting and sent for clinical psychologist counseling.
In Oct 2013 - 1st counseling and asked for the 2nd session of counseling in Dec 2013.
In Dec 2013 - 2nd Counseling and there were no compromise and case transferred to court again.
In Jan 2014 - Judge told me that the psychologist asked to continue the treatment then I asked what treatment to be continued? then Judge asked me to check the report of psychologist. next session in Feb 2014.
In Feb 2014 - Judge asked to attend the chamber counseling in march 2014.
In Mar 2014 - Chamber counseling, I told judge that the fraud which they did can be proved by the genetic test of her parents. Please do the test and grant me the annulment. If any problems in doing the test of her parents, please grant me the divorce and I am ready pay her monthly Rs 4000 /-. Then judge asked her to think about the joint petition or to file the counter petition.
In May 2014 - I was absent as my Advocate was on leave.
In June 2014 - Judge asked to file another petition to carry out the chromosomal test of my wife
In June 2014 - I filed petition to carry out the chromosomal test of my wife in which session she was absent.
In July 2014 - She was absent for her exams.

I want to know what will be the fate of this case?
How many months more needed to get me the divorce?

If she does all her cheap tricky games to drag this case as much as she can,
then how many months maximum will be taken by the court to issue the divorce?

Regards

Geo

Learning

1 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     29 July 2014

Patience....wait for it.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register