Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Doomed (own)     02 April 2017

Divorce: need guidance

I am seeking an advice about divorce.

I and my husband both are very well qualified.. We had court registered and Sikh marriage, 8 years back.

We cannot get along because of differences on many counts.

He does not want to give divorce by mutual consent either therefore I have moved to my parents place for last 2 years. I have been self supporting for this period.

I donot want to file divorce case. And I have decided not to return to his place. I do not have any child

Can this separate living itself lead to divorce which I want? I am not looking receive alimony. Please advice.

Learning

3 Replies

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Doomed
I am seeking an advice about divorce.

I and my husband both are very well qualified.. We had court registered and Sikh marriage, 8 years back.

We cannot get along because of differences on many counts.

He does not want to give divorce by mutual consent either therefore I have moved to my parents place for last 2 years. I have been self supporting for this period.

I donot want to file divorce case. And I have decided not to return to his place. I do not have any child

Can this separate living itself lead to divorce which I want? I am not looking receive alimony. Please advice.

You have to do the act, in order to get pregnant, without sperm passing to uterus along with ovum, women cant get pregnant.

Likewise, you and him need to approach court with a petition called as mutual divorce peition under section 13B of Hindu Marriage Act of 1956 and ask judge to grant divorce stating blah blah blah that you cant live together.  Both need to be present in court on two dates.

1,  While filing the petition.

2.  6 months from date of filing, again on 2nd date to take divorce.

3.  This is called divorce.

Then you both free birds.  You go your way, he go his way.

If either of you dont agree, then either one has to apply for divorce.  This will be contested by other party.  Time taken will be anywhere from 3 years to 10 years. (then tear hair in full public view in court hallEnd result unknown.  Lot of litigation expenses.  Turning grey  hair free.  This is called divooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooorce.

Which one suitable, decide.

Now the advise by Helping,

Lady, if you have crossed 35, go back to husband, no more shelf life left (adjust with husband or you will be left alone, no takers in divorcee-matrimonial market too).  

ON the other hand,

If you are anywhere between 27 to 30, then you have time to play divorce divorce for max 3 years, and then remarriage plans if any in another 1 year.  Last concievable age (as you have not bore children yet) being 35, you need to hurry.

Doomed (own)     05 April 2017

Thanks, I have thought over. I am not financially strong to fight court battles. I cannot go back either. I cannot live with my husband. I would live alone and hopefully support myself as I am doing now. Can the court force me to get back to my husband?

Please guide

ishan (sadfasddas)     06 April 2017

No court in the world can force you to live with any one against your wishes. No if and no but. If you have decided to move on its final. The rest of the answers are already there.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register