Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

hema_latha (Software Engineer)     04 December 2012

Divorce from husband

Hello,

I am looking for divorce from my husband-

I am married for almost two years currently working in UK but my husband is in India. We stayed together for couple of weeks after getting married and later I came back to UK with the understanding of him joining me. But it never happenned since he did not have a passport because he had burnt all his markscards and he could only get it this year. our relationship is through phone. I am a highly qualified person while he is just a graduate.

basically the problems I am facing are

1. he has inflated ego saying he is the most intelligent guy

2. Does not understand my work timings have to talk to him during work hours for long period

3. quarelled with  his own family

4. recently he has suspicion that I am seeing somebody so he has bad mouthed about my character with many of my relatives while he does not allow us to talk to his family.

5. at later stages we used to fight because his suspiciousness grew out of bound and he has recorded only those conversations which show me in bad light

6. I went to India to sort this out and he threatenned me and my family that I have to stay with him or else he will ruin my family and my career

7. I tried to reason out with him but he says infuture if I talk to a male colleague he will record that conversation and give it to media.

I cannot stay with him. Can I get divorce from him? can he force me to stay with him using political clout?I am scared to go back to India

Please advice

Thanks

Learning

6 Replies

MADURAI LAWYER (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     04 December 2012

Dear Mam,

Kindly see if there is any possibility of arriving at any settlement before adopting legal process for getting divorce. When every possibility is ruled out, then you can think of approaching the Court of law. 

If you want further advice in your case, you can speak to me on 9842197857.

K.K.Ganguly (Advocate)     04 December 2012

1) Most of the reasons sited by are not adequate for praying for Divorce,

2) Only a few can be termed as cruelty which is a valid ground for praying for & granting the Decreee of Divorce,

3) Based on the above ground you can file a Divorce Petition though best will be to talk to him & go for Mutual Consent Divorce, if he agrees,

4) Even the court can not force you to stay with him if you do not want to do so,

5) Don't be scared to come to India fearing any of his illegal act since it is still being ruled by law.

stanley (Freedom)     04 December 2012

When two minds live togather its a matter of compromises . And as you say you are highly qualifed and he is a graduate ( Didnt you realise this prior to marriage )maybe he is trying to prove that he is intelligent over and above your high qualifications ;) Since your minds cant get togather you should opt for MCD provided he agrees and you can pay him a little vitamen M for the Mutual consent Divorce . Normally after marriage a couple should always be togather rather than staying apart in different countries and hence the issues of work timings and odd hour calls due to the time difference .I dont think so yours is such a major issue and it can be sorted out with the help of a few elders .

Although he cant force you to stay with him but through various means he can file false criminal cases like theft etc once you land up in inida and in order that you should not be in a position to leave the country and as the sayings go  an idle mind is a devils workshop 

JANAK RAJ VATSA (ADVOCATE)     04 December 2012

try and work out a settlement including your return to india and working within the country and staying as a family with your husband. if it is not possible, then go for mutual consent divorce which would be expedient and convenient for both of you. no need to fear for your return in the country. the law is prevailing

Samuel (CEO)     04 December 2012

Dear Poster:

Husband do marriage with lot of dreams and hopes that would happen after marriage when all die.., out frustration those words come after all 2 years of separation.

You will understand UK and your high qualification will not speak once you loose family relationship..

put yourself in your husband shoe, i think he loves you more thats why he keeps worried on you separation and being possesive.

(Guest)

1. You said=>you are highly qualified and he is just a graduate.

Ans: It shows your EGO only. In a marriage it does not matter if one is president and other is a jamadaar. Once you have entered into this sacred relation on your own will such statement as above shows only ego but nothing else. So to me you seem to be problem creater.

5. you said=> he recorded only those conversation which shows you in bad light.

Ans: How he recorded your conversation if your are in UK and he is in india?? Doubtful statement. As a married women, can you please let me know what words you have exchanged showing you in bad light. If those words were exposing your bad character, he has all the right to question you being the husband. And if you are not wrong then you should justify him. No?

To me, you seem to be problem creator but not him.

You seem to be running away for this marriage just to get settled in UK.

You ran away to UK from your marriage just after 2 weeks? Have you conveyed this thing to your husband family before marriage?

You have hidden this fact. If you had shared before marriage that you want to settle in UK then if your husband has agreed then there is no reason for him to disagree now.

You seem to be making fool of a family.

Judges are not fool !!!! You will be screwed in court with these facts that you have shared.

But yes should talk together and settle it mutually else you will ruining his life as well as yours.

No judge supports metro wives nowadays. They know that urban women, being aware of all laws, misuse them heavily.

Lawyers sometimes misguides girls and suggest them to file false cases to get easy divorce and once this legal battle starts then women side start realising their mistakes and come on their knees.

Just for your knowledge:

1) Conviction rate under 498a is only 2% which shows 98% cases end up false of by mutual consent.

2). Domestic violence cases has no conviction (0%). Only resisdence order or mantainace can be provided which you being educated, won;t get.

So better talk to him amicably and settle the matter with elderly help.

Better go back to your matrimonial hom respecting your marriage else finish this marriage by mutual consent divorce as contested divorce in India are almost impossible to achieve.

Some couples have got contested divorce after 23 years of separation so better offer him MCD or some money to leave you.

Originally posted by : Gowri

Hello,

I am looking for divorce from my husband-

I am married for almost two years currently working in UK but my husband is in India. We stayed together for couple of weeks after getting married and later I came back to UK with the understanding of him joining me. But it never happenned since he did not have a passport because he had burnt all his markscards and he could only get it this year. our relationship is through phone. I am a highly qualified person while he is just a graduate.

basically the problems I am facing are

1. he has inflated ego saying he is the most intelligent guy

2. Does not understand my work timings have to talk to him during work hours for long period

3. quarelled with  his own family

4. recently he has suspicion that I am seeing somebody so he has bad mouthed about my character with many of my relatives while he does not allow us to talk to his family.

5. at later stages we used to fight because his suspiciousness grew out of bound and he has recorded only those conversations which show me in bad light

6. I went to India to sort this out and he threatenned me and my family that I have to stay with him or else he will ruin my family and my career

7. I tried to reason out with him but he says infuture if I talk to a male colleague he will record that conversation and give it to media.

I cannot stay with him. Can I get divorce from him? can he force me to stay with him using political clout?I am scared to go back to India

Please advice

Thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register