LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shashank verma   12 November 2018

Divorce from husband

my sister got married to a person having disease high vdrl my sis also got infected. they lied to us let marriage happens. now we want divorce and our expenses from them so that we can re marry. they r agree for divorce not returning our things and money. what should I do ? can I register case against them after settling divorce .

Learning

9 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     12 November 2018

You can file divorce case in court and claim all the expenses and stridhan from husband. 

Sir , I want to know how much time it al take because if it will take more time then it ll be a problem for us in 2nd marriage

Shashi Dhara   12 November 2018

Both of u come to settlement.then take divorce by mutual consent.at that time u also secret Ur maintenance and other money &gold ornaments problems before u2nd marrAige .if once 2nd is made u cannot. Claim nothing it may take 2yrs

Without mutual consent if I apply only for divorce then it's possible to resolve case within 3 months

Shashi Dhara   12 November 2018

As per act applying for divorce u have to wait for six months then if no one changes the mind then divorce proceedings start.if each consents then consent willbe given..divorce proceedings may take for 1 yr.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     12 November 2018

VDRL is a blood test for syphilis, a highly contagious disease spread primarily by se*ual activity including Or*al, A*nal s*x. Your LOCAL family Doctor/Dermatologist can appraise you in detail.

If proven this and concealment could be a ground for divorce and claim of marriage expenses and streedhan.

In your query you have posted that you were aware.

The disease could be treatable or treated and cured. Your LOCAL family Doctor/Dermatologist can appraise you in detail.

You may take help of elders of your family, competent and experienced well wishers, seasoned PIP’s, helpgroups, community leaders, NGO’s, experienced colleagues, associations, Religious scholars, etc to resolve the matter if any, and/or find a very able LOCAL counsel specializing in concerned filed of law e.g; Family/Civil matters as in your case, and well versed with LOCAL applicable rules, revenue codes/rules, precedence, latest judgments etc …. and worth his/her salt, can advise you and even help you.

Online discussions are not substitute to in person discussions with a very able counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in concerned field of law.

There are such very able counsels at each location.

Check for such counsels at LOCAL e.g: Civil courts, HC, SC …

You can also try to get free legal advice from FREE Legal Aid that is usually in LOCAL courts Complex..preferably from a counsel specializing in concerned filed of law e.g;  Famiy/Civil matters.

If amicable settlement is possible on reasonable/mutually acceptable terms IT can be tried for liberating from situation or the option is contested divorce.Your own LOCAL counsel can guide you further after examining true facts/record/docs/inputs/evidences on both sides.

A good LOCAL counsel won’t render bad advice and waste your time and money.

Make efsorts to find such counsel. Such counsel may even agree to mediate, conciliate, arbitrate and resolve the matter to best of satisfaction of both sides.

Choice is you’rs and you may build your opinion on facts on both sides that can be substantiated to the satisfaction of court.

Thanks to all for your valuable suggestions. I promise I ll definitely take actions on this person and on his family bcz they know their health condition and lied to us

Understand the merits, facts on both sides from your counsel.

IT is not good to run to court empty handed.

A good counsel won't ask the client to run to court empty handed.

Rest is upto you and you may act as deemed fit and best in consultation with your family and counsel.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register