LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

smille please (hr)     01 November 2014

Divorce case status

my husband filed divorce case  which is been disposed..BECOZ OF HIS NON APPEARANCE....

CONTESTED CASE IS BEEN  dismissed for default...

he were in usa for the 2yrs....

march 2014 case is been dismissed...

july 2014 he restored the case & last month got frst hearing...i didn,t attend due to fever....even my council also...

when i check next hearing date it shows Nov 18th,

purpuse of hearing mention publication ....IN THE CASE DETAILS. 

WHAT  TO DO...

MY ADVOCATE DIDN,T INFORM THIS TO ME...

GUIDE ME WHA TO DO NEXT STEP....

Learning

5 Replies

Gundlapallis (Advocate)     01 November 2014

In India, the process of ecourt is totally not streamlined yet.. at present data entry operators outsourced for the job and who doesn't have any basic knowledge of court terminology are making entries .. so mistakes do happen.. when you have received notice of restoration and made your appearance in  the court on first hearing date.. there is no need for publication.. it could just be an entry of mistake in online case status.  When you have engaged an advocate why dont you ask him straight about this? he would have explained you clearly for what the next date is.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     01 November 2014

You can find our your case status position from the section office of the court. The section officer will help you as far as family cases is concern. 

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     01 November 2014

its pity that your lawyer is not cooperating first contact him and take the correct information about the last hearing and what is the status of the restoration because he is the correct person who had fought the divorce petition since 2years for you and on what ground the restoration petition is ordered should be seen

Mallikarjuna Rao Tata (Advocate)     02 November 2014

ask your lawyer about the status of your case, it is in restoration petition state and main case stage, if not cooperated change your lawyer

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     05 November 2014

In my opinion your lawyer is not handling the case properly right from  the beginning because he/she should have advised you to file a transfer petition before high court to transfer the case to Chennai family court , being a female, this would have come in your favor very easily.  Next thing he/she has not followed up the case properly hence you have missed out the date.  Now the case might have been posted for steps to serve summons to you through substituted service of summon i.e., by publishing the summons through a popular news paper.  Well, even now it is not late, better you appear before the court on the next date of hearing without fail, irrespective of  your advocate  accompanying you or not. Before that you can confirm the adjudication through some reliable sources so that you can prepare yourself to meet the event on next hearing.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register