LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vikram (Sales)     07 October 2014

Divorce by mutual consent - christian

We are considering a divorce by mutual consent and would like to understand whether the alimony payment  Agreed as monthly not lump sum) will need to be continued after the wife remarries post divorce?

Many thanks in advance.

Vikram

Learning

8 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     07 October 2014

@ Author,

1. If she has agreed for per month payment till she remarries, then same has to be worded in parties joint petition followed by in their joint MoU and should come as her voluntary statement while recording under Oath during both motions of the parties before Bench.

2. It ends with her re-marriage is reply in brief. {But, if you are sure to find when she re-marries then this works otherwise who knows you may always remain in dark with obligation for PDC's (post dated cheques) issuance to her thinking she is still un-married!. However, this is going to be your long-term worry is my view. Well if after divorce ex couples are remaining in good books with each other then it is possible to know when she re-marries and with which the per month payment ends as per binding terms of MoU / Statement under Oath}.

Suggestion worth trying:
Flowing from above; like in Pension disbursal process followed by Government Departments system, a pensioner has to give Certificate of his being alive each fiscal year to Government (to his ex Department) same way it is suggested to seek her remaining un-married status Affidavit sent to your registered address each financial year or every 12 months whichever is convenient which is a progressive social view;)

[Last reply]

SRISHAILA.DHARANI (Advocate&consultant)     07 October 2014

Go for one time payment  and onece and for all settle the matter.

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     07 October 2014

If it is not specifically expressed in MCD petition and divorce decree that the monthly payment will stop once she remarries, you will be in difficulty.

vikram (Sales)     08 October 2014

Dear all - Many thanks for your replies!

I cannot consider a one time lump sum - i dont have the means.

We have already submitted the petition here in Bangalore and there is no mention of remarriage or any other conditions including preventing future amendments. The decision is due to come up Feb 2015

We have been in touch with each other but was very surprised to learn she plans to marry immediately after the divorce comes through to a doctor abroad.

I have a 10 year old son (her custody) and she intends to take him abroad. While I am not against her looking for stability in her life, I would like to understand what changes are possible post the divorce.

Regards,

Vikram

SRISHAILA.DHARANI (Advocate&consultant)     08 October 2014

If that is the case, dont pay the lumpsum.She is using you as a tool.

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     08 October 2014

First, are you interested that child be taken abroad or not.  If not or otherwise also, you must buck up.  Talk to her and reach to an agreement about maintenance as well as child custody.  The agreement shall be on the stamped paper under the gaze of expert advocate as it is the settlement reached in the interegnum period between the first and second motion, which is unheard of.  As she is in the dreams of living happily ever after, after feb. 2015 in foreign green postures in the company of new found love, you can emphatically put your conditions of stoppage of maintenance immediately from the date of her remarriage and also about the custody of the child.  While taking decision of the child, you must be magnanimous to keep the best interests of the child instead of your selfish interests.  Once the settlement is reached, you can file it in the court before the second motion and the second motion will be taken down with the newly reached agreement and divorce decree will be granted as per those terms.  But hurry up.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     12 October 2014

Well advised by learned advocate Mr. Chandrasekar. Besides, the agreement made out between you both in the intermediate period should be precise about the child custody, if you do not  want your child to be separated from you for ever,you may resist her move of taking the child with her,in my opinion she will be happy  and relieved when you ask for your child custody because she has already designed her plans abroad and this child may be a hindrance to her at abroad with her new husband.  You may follow the advises rendered by adv. Mr. Chandrasekar.

henriettarexach (New York City)     12 October 2014

ATTN PLS, am sending my testimony to everyone out there, that is either in my shoe or needs help one way or the other. My names is Henrietta, and i want to share with you all about my relationship breakup back then, which almost lead me to frustration and unhappy life experience. I was married to my ex divorced Husband 2 year and 11 months ago. My husband, I and and our pretty kid was happily living in peace and harmony. But, few months ago my Husband started acting strange to me. Unknown to me, he has been engaging him self online with another woman, which he was keeping from me as a secret. But few weeks ago, i caught him on our computer, mailing this woman. And, when i asked him who she was, he told me that, she was just a friend. The message conversation caught my attention and i decided to go through it. To my surprise, my husband have been dating this woman on my behalf for some period of time. Immediately, after i noticed that, i began to quarrel with him and all he could told me, was that he never loved me, that we should go for a divorce. I thought he was saying it from anger due to the situation at hand as at that moment. Because of the love i had for him, i never wanted to support it, although it happened, i still did not give up on him. I was looking for solution to get him back home. so i went in search on how i can get back my husband. Well, along my search, i saw a testimony of a woman on how Prophet Irabor was able to restore back her marriage home. Immediately, i copied the email address and decided to give a try. After following all the procedures and instructions given to me by Prophet Irabor, within the space of 2 days, my husband gave me a call and started begging me that he was sorry for what has happened between us. And because i love him so much, i quickly responded to him that i have forgiven him and told him to come back home. Me and my husband are now living happy married life again. All respect and honour to you Prophet Irabor, for the Help you have render to me and my family. Sir, i pray God Strengthen you...If you need his help, you can email him on (prophetiraborcharles@hotmail.com)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register