Divorce after only a month of marriage

My Sister was married to a man a month ago under pressure from her parents and community, while she had a love relation with another boy. Now she is completly unhappy from this marriage and wants to get a divorce and is thinking of running away to that boy, is there any possible and legal solution to this problem, and what can be legal aspects of such act ??


we belong to a hindu family, and the marriage ceremony was completely fulfilled, and the marriage has not been consumated



File petition for annullment of marriage in family court  on the ground that said marriage has not been consumated.

Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com)

Annullment of a marriage can be sought on ground of non consummation only when it is on a/c of impotency of the other party/erring spouse. However having said that, you can seek annulment on the ground of consent to marriage being vitiated by force. Now since the force (parental pressure) has ceased, annullment can be done. 


Good Luck !




Bharat Chugh

Advocate Delhi High Court/Supreme Court of India


Total likes : 1 times

Practicing Advocate/Legal Consultant/Legal Process Outsourcing 08427414792

Annulment is possible only when the marriage has not been consummated due to the impotency of either spouse. Proving the marriage to be vitiated by force would be difficult in my opinion. Go for Mutual Consent Divorce.

Total likes : 1 times


But MCD will require u ppl to wait for approx 1 yr.

If u want eary solution, annulment is better option.


people should not be encouraged to take advantage of their own wrongs.

this lady has married someone who is innocent.

divorce will destroy his life & dreams.

the lady should forget her lover now.

if she loved him so much, why did she get married to someone else ?

and u, Mr. annonymus, what were u doing when others were pressing ur beloved sister to marry someone by force ??

Total likes : 1 times




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu