Divorce after 7 years

Me and My wife live seperated for 6 years. We dont hear anyone since that time. Can I remarraige after 7 years?? Section 494 of the Indian Penal Code exempts from punishment a second marriage contracted seven years after the absence of the spouse. Can I use the same?? What is the procedure?? Kindly guide...

Advocate

7 years unheard as being alive, but if heard as being alive although separated for 7 years will not permit the proviso. Best is to apply for divorce on the ground of desertion for 6 years and if she's not appearing in Family Court to defend the divorce petition get ex-parte decree of divorce.

Total likes : 1 times

Advocate

7 years unheard as being alive, but if heard as being alive although separated for 7 years will not permit the proviso. Best is to apply for divorce on the ground of desertion for 6 years and if she's not appearing in Family Court to defend the divorce petition get ex-parte decree of divorce.

You wanted to remarry? Why you waited 7 years? Simply wasted.

Remarry? ---- have divorce decree? Yes.. Remarry

Dont have divorce decree - remarry? Go jail. face host of cases unheard of in past 7 years. Still be in jail.

But my question is. Why remarry idea now? When you should have, you were sleeping. When you should be snoring, you want to dance?

Advocate

No you cannot use the same. The same is also a ground for Divorce under the Hindu Marriage Act.  You will have to approach the Family Court and obtain a Divorce on the ground of desertion and other available grounds.  

Total likes : 1 times

Advocate/ Legal Consultant

apply for divorce as suggested by Ld. friends

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum:

LAWyersclubindia Menu