Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Subhomoy Das (Retail Manager)     06 May 2013

Divorce

My story goes like this :

1. Wife left my house 3 yrs back. Now working in a Residential Govt. Project School near her parents house.

2. She gave birth to a baby boy 2.5 yrs back. the baby is staying with her in the School Hostel.

3. I`m persuading her to come back to my house for the last 3 yrs. But she is adamant not to return. She is not ready to leave her job there. I told her if she want to wotrk then she should work at her matrimonial city.

4. She is telling me that she will not return and she will not give me divorce. Instead she is asking money from me.

5. Whats shall i do for this critical problem. Is it a fault of mine that i`m asking my wife to return to my house and lead a normal family life so that we both can together built the future of our son.

6. If i file for RCR then what advantage i may get.

Pls advice

Learning

9 Replies

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Subhomoy Das

My story goes like this :

1. Wife left my house 3 yrs back. Now working in a Residential Govt. Project School near her parents house.

Golden opportunity.  File RCR and also claim maintenance as she is working in a govt job.  The moment she sees that you have claimed maintenance.  She come running to you.  She agree to all terms and conditions. Provided you are not in a government job.

2. She gave birth to a baby boy 2.5 yrs back. the baby is staying with her in the School Hostel.

3. I`m persuading her to come back to my house for the last 3 yrs. But she is adamant not to return. She is not ready to leave her job there. I told her if she want to wotrk then she should work at her matrimonial city.

3 years is long time.  File RCR immediately and later on file an application for  maintenance as I have told above.

4. She is telling me that she will not return and she will not give me divorce. Instead she is asking money from me.

What money she will ask you?  She in government job.  You ask her money.

5. Whats shall i do for this critical problem. Is it a fault of mine that i`m asking my wife to return to my house and lead a normal family life so that we both can together built the future of our son.

6. If i file for RCR then what advantage i may get.

First file RCR.  She will have to reply to your RCR, if you win RCR then it becomes easier for you to get divorce.

But also file maintenance application for yourself as she is working in a govt job.

Pls advice

Dear @ Helping Hand :

She is working in a Govt Project School which is residential school. She is earning Rs. 12000/- p.m. I`m working in a private company earning Rs. 15000/- p.m. The baby is staying with her at the School Hostel. She is asking money every month on the pretext of the expenses due to the baby. I`m not sending any money to her because my son is 2 yrs old and i just got my son for 16 days only. When i`m being denied of my fatherhood then why shall i sent her money. YES I`M READY TO ACCEPT HER AND THE BABY AND BEAR ALL EXPENSES AND RESPONSIBILITY PROVIDED SHE SHOULD COME BACK TO MY HOUSE IMMEDIATELY LEAVING THAT JOB.

If i do win the RCR then can my wife file maintenance for the child. How long RCR takes to give the verdict. After filing RCR if my wife files for 498A / DV then shall i get arrested.

(Guest)

Assuming that these are the complete details.. so goes the following legal advice to you.

Dear @ Helping Hand :

She is working in a Govt Project School which is residential school. She is earning Rs. 12000/- p.m. I`m working in a private company earning Rs. 15000/- p.m. The baby is staying with her at the School Hostel. She is asking money every month on the pretext of the expenses due to the baby. I`m not sending any money to her because my son is 2 yrs old and i just got my son for 16 days only.

When i`m being denied of my fatherhood then why shall i sent her money.

There is a emotional logic behind what you say, but legally it is your kid, and you and your wife have to bear its expenses equally!

YES I`M READY TO ACCEPT HER AND THE BABY AND BEAR ALL EXPENSES AND RESPONSIBILITY PROVIDED SHE SHOULD COME BACK TO MY HOUSE IMMEDIATELY LEAVING THAT JOB.

As I said yours is a clear case of desertion.  YOur wife moved out and is not coming back. First send a legal notice via lawyer stating the facts and ask her to join back say in the next one month or you will be forced to go for divorce based on desertion.  In RCR state your story and ask her to come back.  And she has to reply to your RCR in positive or negative.  If she is willing to come back she might put few  conditions.  If she is adamant, then she wont come back and will state as such in her reply or in mediation.  All of these will take 6 months to 1 year to happen.

Next is, you need not have to pay her alimony as she is already working, so make sure your notice/RCR goes to her govt school address.  But WRT your kid, you will have to pay money which of course will be decided by the court on basis of your income and her income.

If i do win the RCR then can my wife file maintenance for the child. How long RCR takes to give the verdict. After filing RCR if my wife files for 498A / DV then shall i get arrested.

Once you have filed RCR matter of fact as matter is in court she cannot gor for a 498a, if your stars are lucky enough, but if you are scared about her next move, get an AB in advance to avoid arrest.

Regarding DV case, it can be filed anytime even after you file a divorce petition.

Goutam Prasad (Advocate)     06 May 2013

You can file for restution of conjugal rights petition under section 9. If she appears in it and refuse to come back to you, it will become good case for you to have divorce.

Alternateivly, you can file suit for divorce on the ground of desertion as two years has laready expired from when both of you do not live togather.

Do not bother for her counter compalints. If you take services of good advocate of your chice, you will not be in difficuty.

Goutam Prasad

Advocate

Supreme Court of India

Mob: 9810753838

https://www.facebook.com/aegisjurist

498 A fighter (Advocate)     06 May 2013

@ Helping hand

sir I had filed RCR , then wife filed 498A only on me, and chargesheet is produced in court but charges are not framed now we applied for discharge ?

any way i wish to say i filed RCR then i also i did not got benefit of it,

i won RCR still 498A is running so how you can say wife will not go for 498A after RCR?

please ellobrate and h0w win can get benefit of it according to mr. shonee kapoor RCR is use less>>>>

(Guest)
Originally posted by : aneesh trivedi

@ Helping hand

sir I had filed RCR , then wife filed 498A only on me, and chargesheet is produced in court but charges are not framed now we applied for discharge ?

First you should know what is RCR.  RCR is restitution of conjugal rights.  ie for husband or wife if one has deserted the other or is not willing to join [cohabit] then you seek the intervention of court.  Whatever case the wife files, a 498a or DV it only shows how cruel the wife is, and when you have filed the RCR it only shows that inspite of her cruelty you are ready accept her back.  Now such wife who has filed a 498a or DV will definitely not cohabit with husband, then automatically it becomes a ground for divorce ie desertion.

Be it shonee kapoor or anyone else, even I have been telling RCR is of no use, but its only on paper.  As no court can force any husband or wife to cohabit with each other, in such case, the RCR is just a toothless tiger, but it goes on record when it is on paper in black and white is the beauty of it.

What importance does a RCR hold, I have explained in the above para.

any way i wish to say i filed RCR then i also i did not got benefit of it,

What benefit were you seeking?  Your wife should join you or your wife should not have filed a 498a???
i won RCR still 498A is running so how you can say wife will not go for 498A after RCR?

please ellobrate and h0w win can get benefit of it according to mr. shonee kapoor RCR is use less>>>>

Further..

If wife files RCR and husband is not accepting her back, he has to give maintenance. [considering income status/working etc]

If husband files RCR and wife does not come back, it amounts to desertion, and desertion is a ground for divorce, + husband need not pay money to her and keep asking her to come back and stay with him.

There are advantages of filing an RCR as briefly explained above.  If any more details required, please feel free to call.

498 A fighter (Advocate)     06 May 2013

@Helping hand

thank you sir , you are correct , same i feel and posted for shonee kapoors reply but here you had mentioned that "Once you have filed RCR matter of fact as matter is in court she cannot gor for a 498a,"

in that regard i want to know , here as in my own case first i file RCR, then after one month wife file 498A the benefit i got only is that i got bail without any extra effort, but 498A still going ,then i win RCR now at present it is execution of RCR and it is also win so it is best ground for divorce and i may be free for maintance, besides this please explain what benefit a person can take? yes , i understand it is a big releif for a person who is falsely involeved in 498A case ,

he is free form maitenacne moreover false case become weak he has not to kneel down in front of cruel crook greedy and proudy ladies sooneer or later he wil win 498A also , this are benefit for winnign RCR i had seen

but still please you share what benefit we can take?

also please how we teach lessons to such ladies on this stage as 498A take time to its decision. i m hearlty thankful to you for you kind guidance.

Dear @ Helping Hand & Gautam Prasad,

1. Can i claim the custody of my son who is just 2 yrs old and is staying with ther mother. I want to claim the custody on ground of that the baby is atying in the School Hostel with his mother . For a 2 yr old baby does Hostel is a right place to stay whereas i got my own house.

2. After filing RCR if my wife files falsely for 498A /DV then how can i get AB. As i stay under Kolkata High Court Jurisdiction ( Bengal ) she stays under Ranchi High Court Jurisdiction ( Jharkhand). If she files 498A / DV at her parents house in Jharkhand then from where shall i require to take AB . from Kolkata or Ranchi.

3. If i win RCR then how soon can i file for Divorce if my wife doesnt join back me. How long will it take for me to get divorce .

4. My wife is not allowing me to visit my son. What shall i do. If i forcibly bring my son to my house then can she file a Kidnap case against me ??

Please advice.

(Guest)

Dear @ Helping Hand & Gautam Prasad,

1. Can i claim the custody of my son who is just 2 yrs old and is staying with ther mother. I want to claim the custody on ground of that the baby is atying in the School Hostel with his mother . For a 2 yr old baby does Hostel is a right place to stay whereas i got my own house.

2. After filing RCR if my wife files falsely for 498A /DV then how can i get AB. As i stay under Kolkata High Court Jurisdiction ( Bengal ) she stays under Ranchi High Court Jurisdiction ( Jharkhand). If she files 498A / DV at her parents house in Jharkhand then from where shall i require to take AB . from Kolkata or Ranchi.

3. If i win RCR then how soon can i file for Divorce if my wife doesnt join back me. How long will it take for me to get divorce .

4. My wife is not allowing me to visit my son. What shall i do. If i forcibly bring my son to my house then can she file a Kidnap case against me ??

Please advice.

Forum is for quick in and out solutions.

Not for detailed conversations.

Try finding a good lawyer.

You can contact me via phone as well.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register