LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Meenakshi   04 May 2018

Divorce

I got married in 2016 and it's a love marriage and from my husband side his parents are against from our marriage so we did court marriage. Therefore, after marriage he's living with us. Now he is not doing job since 4 months i am taking care of him as well as i have to take care of my mother and my small brother school fees and other house expense.. house rent evrything because i am the only one who is earning and my father expired 14yrs back.. 3 weeks ago I came to know that he’s suffering from Hepatitis B and we immediate admitted him in a hospital for the further treatment against this virus. All his expenses I am only one who’s taking care. Since we got married only he has worked for 6 months only rest of I am taking care. Also, he is addicted to ganja that’s why he is suffering from Hepatitis B.

After marriage not even single day I was happy with this guy. Whenever he flights with me always abused me. Nowadays he is giving me mental torture and he’s threatens me that he will suicide if I will go far from him or I will go for legal divorce.  

I do not want to leave him because he is not okay .. I want to leave him because despite doing so much for him, he keeps mentally torturing me and gives me dirty rubbish. Trust me since marriage, I did not let him lack anything. Till date he did nothing for me. Not even a pair of clothes he bought for me.

Really I do not understand what to do with this man? How to handle this situation? I really want to be away from him.   

Learning

1 Replies

(Guest)

Dear Meenakshi ji

As yours is a court marriage, you may have to file a divorce petition in district court on u/Section 27(1)(f) on grounds of venereal disease caused as a direct result of intake of marijuana/ganja provided that occurence of Hepatitis B falls u/definition of an 'incurable disease' per qualifying provisions of the Act. If your spouse's abuse of the drug was habitual, the court would consider whether his ability to support you & perform other marital duties is repugnant to you or not.

You may not love your husband. But the fact that you still tend to him affirms that you are unsure for going for divorce. If you are however, absolutely sure of divorcing your husband, you may contemplate filing a petition in DC, as stated earlier.

Regarding any queries, you may e-mail me at basu_kunal@hotmail.com.

Regards

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register