LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ramachandran (own)     19 July 2015

Divorce

My Friend married in the year 2015 according to Hindu marriage act. In the early days his wife's activities were suspicious but he or his family did not take it seriously . Friend told me that his wife is having epilepsy from early childhood and is taking tablets.

After marriage the following things happened

1.  One early morning she went outside (before 5:00AM) without informing any one.

2. She returned by 6:00 AM and then suddenly thrashed my friend (her husband) in front of entire In-laws and also abused him along with his family members with obscene words.

3. After this incident my friend took her to his working place.

4. On another day evening she once again thrashed him and went close to killing him where they were residing.

At the first instance, friend’s family informed wife's parents regarding the behaviour and the parents also reached the place and started residing with the couple.

5. No fruitful action to control her behaviour was not done by her parents

6. All her activities were detailed to her Parents and they were not at all serious about it.

7. After taking consent from her parents my friend planned to take her to a Neuropsychiatrist to find the cause of her behaviour.

8. The day just before taking her to the Neuropsychiatrist , during mid-night his wife went out of the house and luckily he got her back .

9.  Neuropsychiatrist identified the disorder as F20.0 and prescribed some medicine..

For confirming the same my friend took her to a very famous hospital for further examination.

Her history was taken by one Clinical Psychologist and referred her to a Psychiatrist there.

When my friend tried to explain problems to the Psychiatrist, he was not interested about her behaviour and was rather interested in Epilepsy problems.

Following Tests were to be conducted for finding her disease as per the Psychiatrist.

Psychometric test +intervention and mental assessment.

During this time my friend came to know about some unknown things of her from some believable sources.

As per them she is having Schizophrenic dis-order, Stubborn Character etc. and of the view of taking a separation with immediate effect.

But his wife's parents are very crook and they are telling that this behaviour was not there before marriage.

But my Friend is sure that his wife was taking Psychiatric treatment before marriage which was not all disclosed by her parents.

No paper is available to prove that she is having some psychiatric dis-order except the perception of Neuropsychiatrist.

My friend want to take a divorce from her as he feel cheated by wife's family, so What to do to get marriage null and void.

Advice from all members expected,

Learning

1 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     19 July 2015

if you can prove fraud being committed by your inlaws by concealing facts then you can file a petition to declare the marriage as null and void or else you can file contested divorce on grounds of cruelty

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register