LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rahul yadav (Student)     01 June 2014

Divorce

boy side saying that girl side given them wrong information about girl's education. after the  marriage, her husband found girl is illiterate.  girl's father also provide them high school marksheet . Girl is not litirate so she do not want to continue her study or go for further study. now both sides are concernd complicated. so based on studies may divorce

Learning

5 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     01 June 2014

No , on this ground you cannot get divorce , you can file to make your marriage voidable and get it annulled u/s 12(1)(c) of hindu marriage act on the ground of marriage solemnized on false information.

anu agarwal (housewife)     02 June 2014

Sir , what are the benefit of voidable and get annulled u/s 12(1)(c) of HMA. Does age and income also comes under this , suppose if girl family got cheated by false age , education and income of boy . How to prove this and what will be the punishment for boy for this fraud and within how many years of marriage we have to file this case. Josh sir pls help I m also victim of false age education income of husband.

Kamal Grover (Advocate High Court Chandigarh M:09814110005 email:adv.kamal.grover@gmail.com)     02 June 2014

section 12 applies only upto one year and you have to file case within one year.

To prove that you are being cheated is main point. In Rahul's case, he is having forged certificate so he will easily get this marriage cancel/Annul but Ms. Anu, i dont know your situation, so plz confirm your location and situation at my mail id.

Regards

adv.kamal.grover@gmail.com

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     02 June 2014

Rightly stated, if the marriage is less than ONE YEAR old, the annulment is an option.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

If you don't fight for what you want, don't cry for what you LOST.

KISHAN DUTT KALASKAR (Advocate)     17 March 2018

Dear Sir/Madam,

Since your case is complicated case as such I require documents and same may be send to my email/PM (personal mail) for detailed legal advise.

With regards,

Legal Expert

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register