LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

a k roy   03 November 2015

Division of property

I am a married hindu woman. My father has a land property in Calcutta which he got as refugee coming from Bangladesh at the time of partition. 
My father has 2 sons and 2 daughters (one is me). He made no will or did not divide that property in any way. After my fathers death will that property be equally distributed among his children according to law? What about my mother? Will she have any right in this property?

Learning

3 Replies

Mukesh sharma (job )     03 November 2015

yes your mother also right on father property bec if your father not will any of your property than all property first transfer to your mother and after  then divide all son and sister your father common if your father will first property before death than he do as same as he want 

R K........ (Analyst)     03 November 2015

If your father died before 9th September 2005, then you have no right in that property, otherwise you can have some right. Check with your lawyer

a k roy   04 November 2015

My father died in 1984. The land was lying vacant and I personally invested my money and effort to construct a house on that land and also looked after my mother till her death in 2009 whereas my 2 brothers and one sister never took care of my mother nor did they contribute for my mother in any way. Currently my brother and me both are residing in that house. 

Under these circumstances am I still not entitled to share on my parents property? What about the money I spent on building that house?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register