LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

leonard joseph   05 September 2015

Division of ancestral property

my grandfather has 6 daughters and 2 sons of which my mother is one.my grandfather expired in 2004 leaving no will with 14 acres and 33 guntas which has two houses also in the same land. after the death of my grandfather 2 sons and 1 daughter have distributed the property among themselves with one uncle 7 acres and one hounse, another uncle with 7 acres and one house and one aunt with 33 guntas repectively in 2004. in 2007 one uncle sold two acres to an outside party, in 2008 another aunt filed for possesion of their portion in court. but in 2011 the first uncle sold one more acre,and second uncle sold three acres to another third party while the case is still in court. now in 2015 august the verdict was released stating the 12 acres 33 guntas at the time of filing of case in the court be divided equally into 8 parts among the children and the 2 acres sold is legal have no share on that.

now there is onlly 8 acres and 33 guntas left, but the court has given verdict on 12 acres 33 guntas.

so wat has to be done now as there is only 8 acres n 33 guntas left.wat about the 4 acres which was sold after the case was filed. and wat about the 2 acres that was sold before filing of the case.

wat can be done for speedy settlement of the case.??

Learning

1 Replies

kutty   06 September 2015

Sir,

I need an advise.

If a women has a property coming from her fore-fathers (ancestors property ) and she has one son & One daughter. After her death whether the husband will get a share in the property, since the property comes from ancestors or forefathers of the women side.

I want to know the Law.Kindly explain

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register