LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashok   03 June 2016

Distribution of inheritance among siblings

I am a retired engineer aged 62. My family has a house in Visakhapatnam (my family's native place) in the state of Andhra Pradesh. The house is my father's self acquired property. I have 2 brothers and 2 sisters. My father died in 1994 and my mother died in 2014, both died intestate without will ( the property was not transferred to my mother after the death of my father) . One sister's marriage was in 1972 and the other sister married in 1976. The Hindu Succession (Andhra Pradesh Amendment) Act, 1986 should be read especially clause iv of section 29A . What is the distribution of the property (as % of value) to me? Thanks in advance

Learning

5 Replies

Ashok   03 June 2016

Additional information: I am a Hindu male

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     03 June 2016

Repeated query .                                                                                www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/distribution-of-inheritance-137923.asp

U should not repeat the same subject,it wastes the time of the legalexperts who are responding.

Ashok   03 June 2016

@Mr. Sainath Devalla Sir, I agree that repeated queries waste time but in the previous query I had put Prakash vs Phulavati judgement which was for ancestral property. I wanted the answer for my father's self acquired property. And please answer this query @Mr. Sainath Devalla Thanks for your reply. No, the property was not transferred to my mother after the death of my father. You have read section 29A clause ii of the Hindu Succession (amendment)Act 1986 ,Andhra Pradesh . But you have ignored the clause iv of section 29A which nullified the retrospective part of the Hindu Succession (Andhra pradesh Amendment) Act, 1986. Accordingly can you tell me now about my share in property? Thanks in advance

Ashok   03 June 2016

@Mr. Sainath Devalla I am new to the forum... Accept my sincere apologies. It won't happen again

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     03 June 2016

The clause iv of section 29A says

"(iv) Nothing in clause (ii) shall apply to a daughter married prior to or to a partition which had been effected before the commencement of the Hindu Succession (Andhra Pradesh Amendment) Act, 1986."

I shall revert back after some more study of the act.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register