LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rituraj Kumar (Tech Lead)     01 May 2016

Dispute with family Business Partner after death of my fathe

Hello Experts, I'm in a difficult situation after the death of my father and looking for legal advise in this matter. My father and my uncle entered into business partnership in 2007. There is no partnership document. Father died in Aug 31 2015. I understand that partnership is dissolved from the day of my father's death. In July 2014, it was the first time my uncle showed the total profits in the business till Mar 2014. He showed that profit was shared equally between my father and him till Mar 2013. And from Apr 2013 to Mar 2014 the profit was shared equally among 3 partners. 3rd partner is uncle's son which was a surprise for us. My father objected to this and uncle told it will be corrected in the next financial year. This is what my father told me and the same was told by my mother. In the end of 2015 my father became very sick, nobody expected that he would die so soon. My father was very week, not in position to do business. We asked uncle to provide us the document with corrected profits. He did not do the correction in the document which he gave us in July 2015 for the period Apr 2014 to Mar 2015. After the death of my father uncle said he was the sole owner of the business from Apr 2015 and he is adamant that he would give 1/3 profit profit from Apr 2013 till Mar 2015 because his son used to do reprwsent him in business and he used to take care of accounts. My father also maintained every transaction on paper. As per uncle from Apr 2015 we are just investors in the business. He said that we would be able to return our capital and profits in 5 years. This is a fraud. Please advise how should I proceed legally. I need fair justice.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register