LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ap   02 July 2015

Dispute with a cab owner

Hi this is a concerned student, In the summer of 2012 I had booked a cab from pune to goa and back with some friends. After spending our holidays in goa when the cab dropped us back to pune, there was some dispute over the payment. Suddenly the cab owner started demanding more than the amount we had initially agreed to. He also beat me and my friend up over the issue. Subsequently, we went to report to the police. Now, my queries are as follows: 1. At the police station, the person concerned recorded the complaint in marathi and gave back a copy to us duly stamped. I think there were no IPC sections mentioned on the complaint. It just had the name of complainant, breif descripttion of the event along with the date. The paper was approximately half the size of an A4 sheet. I just want to know was that really an fir or anything else? If yes then what? 2. Its been nearly 3 and a half years and i have not heared anything from the police. Neither I am interested in this thing anymore. So is there any possibility that I might be troubled anytime in the future by the police? 3. Also, how long do such things remain in the record books of police? 4.It was my friend who filed the complaint not me, my name was mentioned just in the descripttion of the event as I had suffered some injuries. I understand that no crime was committed by me, I was just a sufferer. But still can it have any effect when i apply for a job with government? I request one of the experts to kindly answer my query point by point. It would indeed be a great help.

Learning

1 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     02 July 2015

Sir,

That must be just a DD entry and not FIR. Needled to worry and go ahead .

Warm Regards

Kapil Chandna Adv

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register