Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sridhar bulusu (retired)     17 July 2012

Disposal of grandfather property

Sir,

My grand mother purchased a house in 50's and in her will she clearly said that the property shold not be sold by my father and the same property shoud go to the legal heirs of my father's sons.My father's grand children thro.sons.

But my father after consulting to a  lawyer forced us to sign the papers to sell and kept in the court. he enjoyed the interes fletched by that. he argued that he could not maintain the house and like rent he enjoyed the interest so far. it was sold by megre amt of 50000 in 1980 and the same property now worth abt 75,00,000. Now time has come and he asked his grand childen to sign the papers to release the same amt of rs.50000 and interested to divide among them. Now each child will get just 5000 rupees.  My question is "is it correct on his part without knowing the future value of the property?" Since we are united we listened to him at that time. But i know my grand father as a Headmaster of Ponneri struggled very hard to build three houses to his children and wished to extend the property to his grand grand children. Why such advices the advocates give instead of advising parents like my father?

Sridhar Bulusu

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register