LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Taher M V (Partner)     14 September 2014

Dishonor cheques and non payment of bills

In a trading business we supply Industrial goods to our customers. We find some customers pay very late, and some of them issue PD cheques and make them bounce. Therefore my question is How do we recover payments? And whats the procedure to take legal action on them. Kindly highlight on these points.

Learning

6 Replies

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     15 September 2014

For recovery of your due payments,you have to file civil suit for recovery of due and outstanding amount  in court.

sripad nk (Asst Professor)     15 September 2014

Hello sir,

I was planned to start computer Education classes in 2011,Pune.  later sum days one company came from Delhi. Sad you can take our Master franchisee then support you. then they have sum conduction  also. i sad ok. The conduction was I have Pay him to Rs: 1000000/- then i paid Advance Rs: 200000/- later they started problem. After few months. They shut down his totally business  without any information.  Now My Rs: 200000/-  Next what action I have to take. please tell me.

Sunil S Nair (lawyer)     16 September 2014

Dear sripad post your query in other platform , however details provided by you is insufficient however see a local lawyer and take necessary actions as soon as possible to recover your amount without delay with all the necessary evidence in hand  

sripad nk (Asst Professor)     16 September 2014

Sir,

Thanks for ur reply. Please tell me. Which platform, and how i have to fallow?. Because that person is in Delhi. I m from Pune. And I paid Amount By cheque. Sir plz tell me.

Sunil S Nair (lawyer)     16 September 2014

As said the first thing you will have to do is see a local lawyer and file a recovery suite with all the payment details to the other party their business address present address if any if nothing is traceable file and FIR in nearest local police station because delay will cause hindrance 

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     05 October 2014

nothing more to add

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register