LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anjali Gala   08 June 2018

Discrimination at work place in terms of Allowance

I work in a corporate company.. international process. The company does not pay equal transport allowance to males and females. Males get two thousand additional to their salary. And females don't. They say it's government rule Maharashtra s & e act to provide transportation to females compulsorily. But if we some day by choice opt out of taking cab transport.. they make us sign company format which says company is not responsible for our safety. And they don't want to pay us even then. They don't want to give us equal allowance to we females.
I don't take pick ups so I get only 1 thousand. But if I cancel my drops they won't give me 2 thousand full . I take cab or don't take . . I will only get 1k for this. Although I don't take pick ups or it would be zero. But I want to completely opt out.

My shift is till 5:30am and it's safe to travel in morning.

But they say that it is govt policy and they have forcefully given us transport policy timings 8:30pm to 7am. Which means they won't provide full allowance to people who work during these hours. Also they don't give us permanent day shift so that we can get benefit of 2k amount.

This is not fair to female population working in night shifts.

I am willing to work in day shift permanently but they say I have to still do rotational shifts .

Please let me know is it you who has made and added this timings in the Maharashtra s and e act or in name of government we females are fooled ?

If this is the case I would request u to impose heavy fines on company for making such gender biased discriminations.

I spoke to HR I spoke to managers. I even emailed to location leader and even met him in office. But all of them are saying it is govt policy we can't change it.

Government bolta h discrimination Karne ?

Please help me .

No one in company is taking any action. They all are making females work at night and we don't even have any night allowance. You can check our salary slips as a a proof and also the salary slips of male population who get paid much higher than us.

Also they claim the transport provided to us as "free" and to males as "paid".

Until December there was no transport allowance at all. Then they gave us 1k only. Instead of 2k which is given to males and not to us. Why so much discrimination..why gender biased.

Learning

3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     08 June 2018

You can bring your grievance to the labour commissioner at your office area. The commissioner office will enquire on your grievance and take action on the management of your company. see the website.https://clc.gov.in/

1 Like

could you help me with any contact number or email id of the same ? where I can contact a bit sooner ?

got the email id on site.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register