LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Francis Dias (consultant)     01 September 2016

Disconnection of water supply

IN my society, a shopowner's (who also resides in the shop) water supply was cut by the managing committee (MC) on Aug. 28, 2016.  And after I intervened another person's supply wasn't cut.  I advised the shopowner to lodge a complaint with the Mumbai police and also helped him to lodge one on the internet. The police however, despite him going there thrice sent him back and the last time, just put a rubber stamp.

Would much appreciate some suggestions how to go about it as this man is not rich enough to employ advocates etc.  As of now the supply is still cut and the MC maintains that they did it under the advice of the BMC and following notices.  The shopowner has no dues but each month the vindiction of the MC results in arbitrary elements in his bill.  Thanking you in advance.

Learning

1 Replies

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     05 September 2016

At first send a Registered AD letter to the Managing Committee asking them the reasons for  and under what section of what law or the byelaws they cut the water supply. If you do not receive a reply or their reply was not satisfactory complain to the Deputy Registrar of Co-operative Housing Societies of your ward at Malhotra building, Opposite GPO. You can take an appointment and personally meet the Assistant Registrar or Deputy Registrar and explain to him.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register