LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kapeed Singh (Business)     17 October 2017

Director's severance settlement and agreement

I am a Director with 40% stake in a pvt ltd ites Company since the last 10 years. The Company has been consistently performing with around 90 lakhs of turnover. I would like to resign and settle. What is the best way to calculate the severance amount.

Learning

9 Replies

(Guest)

@Mr. Kapeed Singh,

Could you understand anything from the advice of Florence? It seems, he/she has smelled your query to be merely of an academic nature. 

Moreover, isettlement of severence amount is not a legal problem. You could better have consulted your own company's CA. or HR Head for the purpose.

(Guest)

All depends upon your own goodwill and mutual understanding with the company management. Severence pay cannot be imposed on the company on retirement of any Director or other employee, if there is no case of industrial dispute.

Kapeed Singh (Business)     23 October 2017

Hello,

I appreciate your response.

What I am trying to understand is how do we calculate the actual worth of the Company and based on that I can then negotiate for my 40 % stake. There would be some thumb rules to calculate the same.

Thanks,

(Guest)

You may better get evaluation through sdoem evaluater about the present goodwill of the company, as well as of yourself independently to help you prefer your claim.

Kapeed Singh (Business)     23 October 2017

Hello Sir,

Much appreciated. Can you please share some more information on sdoem evaluator.

Thanks,

(Guest)

Just Dial or Ad sites may help you find evaluaters.

Kapeed Singh (Business)     24 October 2017

Much appreciated. Thanks.

(Guest)

You are welcome.

bansalrehana bansalrehana   01 October 2020

I am trying to understand is how do we calculate the actual worth of the Company and based on that I can then negotiate for my 40 % stake. There would be some thumb rules to calculate the same.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register