LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

MOHAMMAD RASHID CHRISTIE   05 September 2018

Dift deed - against sale of property

Hello, My father(alive) and mother (now deceased) jointly owns a 2BHK flat which is getting sold (Both parents born Christians). We are 2 children [1 son(born Christian) and 1 daughter(born Christian) ]of our parents and both of the children are married (only the son embraced Islam in 2007 for the purpose of his marriage). Now, as per our mutual understanding, my father wants to give me(son) entire amount out of the sale of the 2BHK to me(son) as a gift to enable me(son) to clear my existing personal loan liabilities. My sister has no objection on this deed . We would, however, like to know (1) if executing a gift deed (from father to son) is enough and will be serving the purpose? OR we need to get any other legal document executed to avoid any future claims/ clashes ? Please guide & advise (2) What is the best-advised timing to get legal document executed i.e before the property sale or immediately after the sale ?

Learning

1 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     08 September 2018

Dear querist,

If it is self earned property then valid gift is competent to serve the purpose.

Deepak Joshi & Associates

Djaa.legal@gmail.com

Mb/whatsapp +919456777600

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register