LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sandeep sunkari (student)     28 November 2013

Difference in name

sir my name is sandeep. i have my name in educational certificates as SUNDEEP SUNKARI and in other Government cards (ration, AAdhar, birth certificate) as SANDEEP SUNKARI i.e;  SU AND SA difference.
 HOW can i correct this. please help me out from this suitation...

Learning

1 Replies

(Guest)

Dear Sandeep.

If your educational certificates are issued by the CBSE then the procedure for changing/ rectifying the error in name is a simple process. Chapter 9, Rule no. 69 provides for the change in name which has been entered in the Board’s record. The request for this has to be a in a written form and duly forwarded by the Head of the Institution within 10 years from the date of declaration of the result. Additional documents are also required to be given in this regard, which includes,

a) original copy of two newspapers, in which the desired change has been published;

b)Original Affidavit duly sworn before the Judicial Magistrate, First Class / Metropolitan Magistrate/ Executive Magistrate/ Sub Divisional Magistrate;

c) Original copy of Publication in Government Gazette;

d) Payment of prescribed fee;

e) True Copy of admission form filled in by the parents duly updated as per Gazette Notification of desired change and duly attested by the Head of the concerned institution;

f) True Copy of School Leaving Certificate of the previous school submitted by the parent/candidate at the time of admission and updated as per Gazette Notification of desired change, duly attested by the Head of the concerned institution;

g) True Copy of the page of admission and withdrawal register of the school where the entry has been made in respect of candidate showing updation as per Gazette Notification of desired change, duly attested by the Head of the concerned institution.

Also, the written request for the change to be made in the name, has to be consistent with what is given in the school record or list of candidates (LOC) submitted by the school may be made. Additional requirements are also required to be complied in order to facilitate the changing of name.

You may also rectify the spelling error in your name by following a simple procedure. You have to file a declaration suit in the Juridicature court against the general public. After that, you have to make a publication in a newspaper. In this way, you don’t have to change your name in all the documents; by a simple publication in a newspaper. You will declare to the general public that Mr. Sandeep Sunkari and Mr. Sundeep Sunkari are the same persons and all the concerned persons and authorities may take notice of the same.

–Regards,

Advocate Pooja;

www.lawkonect.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register