Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

cc (retired)     02 February 2013

Difference between release deed and gift deed

Hi,

My daughter and I have a joint rights on a flat. I would like to know what are the various options with its pros and cons to transfer my rights to my son in-law so that my daughter and Son in-law can be joint owners of the flat.

Please advise the difference between the gift and release deed as well

Thanks

Learning

2 Replies

(Guest)

A gift deed is a deed in which the consideration is not monetary, but is made in return for love and affection. It is a document which transfers property to another as a gift. Such a deed is often used to present someone with a gift. Transfer of a gift deed can be reported as a gift for federal tax purposes.

A legal document that removes a previous claim or lien on an asset. A deed of release is usually issued once a mortgage or other type of debt, previously secured against the asset, has been paid in full. After the deed of release is written, the asset is owned free and clear by the owner, and any previous claims against the asset that the lender may have had are dissolved.

You can if so required execute Relinquishment Deed which can be executed between blood relations and there is no stamp duty required to be paid as per valuation of property.

Gift Deed on the contrary requires payment of stamp duty.

1 Like

manu (manager)     20 April 2013

HEllo Mr Yougesh Nayyar , please advice

My grandmother has made a willl in favour of 3 grandsons, out of which i am one of them. the other 2 grandsons are willing to give me thier share. what is the procedure for relinquishment deed and its registry.

thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register