Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Harpreet Singh (Partner)     28 December 2015

Difference between memorandum & undertaking

Dear honourable Sir/s 

I want to know the difference between Memorandum of Family Arrangement/ Settlement & Undertaking.

Kind regards

Learning

4 Replies

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     29 December 2015

Can  U come out with details,objective type questions will not be answered.

Harpreet Singh (Partner)     30 December 2015

Actually I'm getting seperated from my father & getting my share of property. My father is gifting me a property & simulataneously wants me to sign an Memorandum of Family Arrangement/ Settlement . Besides relinquishment deed & dissolution deed in firm which i'm partner with him. I don't want to go for that MOU as there are adverse things against me in it.  I agree to all other instrument except MOU. I'm telling him to take an undertaking or affidavit from me that I will not demand anything extra from him after getting my share. Nor my legal heirs etc. That's the  reason I'm asking the diff. What sh'd I do ?

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     30 December 2015

MOU is entered only if both the parties agree to the contents.An undertaking is a pledge or promise to adher to the conditions or contents mentioned in it..pledgeagreementpromiseoathcovenantvowwordword of honour, solemn word, bondcommitmentguaranteeassurance,warrantcontractcompact comprise an undertaking.

A. A. JOSE (LAWYER; LEGAL ADVISER/CONSULTANT& TRAINER)     31 December 2015

Well answered and I endorse the same.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register