LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

chanakya (student)     24 November 2014

Did internship at sbi but did not receive my stipend

Can you please guide me what action I can take against them I am an MBA student and I did my summer internship program (SIP) at SBI. According to SBI SIP, duration of the project is 4 weeks and stipend is Rs.12000/- .I stay in hyderabad and was assigned SBI branch in kurnool district for SIP. I went there and met my chief manager and got entire information of my project from him. I was there for one day and with his permission I came back to hyderabad and completed my project and submitted my report to him and he approved it. I have submitted my report on july 12th 2014, and he has asked me to send my account number to pay my stipend amount. But he was delaying it for months, but where as my other friends who did their SIP in SBI received their stipend amount in August first week itself (there were few students who did not go even for one day and just submitted their report and received amount) but till October I did not receive my stipend amount. On October 13th 2014 he mentioned that he will be crediting the amount by afternoon. Still I did not receive my money so I called him, then he came up saying that they will not pay me my stipend amount as I went there only for one day. After repeated calls from me and SBI Local head office he came up saying that he will pay only Rs.3000/- for my travel allowances. 1) I took his permission and went to hyderabad, If he had asked me to stay back or else you wont be paid your stipend amount then I would have stayed there itself. 2) If they had a problem with me working for only one day then they should have not approved my report. 3) They have approved my report and also they promised me to pay my stipend amount. Whenever I called them they said they would pay my stipend amount on next Monday . This process continued for about 3 months, If They had problem with my work duration then why did they give me false promises for three months. 4) The other students who did not go for one day received their stipend amount, why this Partiality.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register