Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pradip (Desktop Support Engineer)     31 March 2014

Details about notice period

Dear Team,

I have 2 month notice period as per below clause which is in offer letter.

Termination:

Either you are the company may terminate employment, by either party giving to the party, in writing, two (2) months’ notice of termination or monthly in lieu of notice.

now my question is like can i buy the notice period for 1 month or 15 days.

Regards,

Pradip Sisodiya

Learning

4 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     01 April 2014

AS per the language you can. However it shall be appropriate to show it to a service lawyer.

However do not forget to place in writing on record under proper acknowledgment with a copy to you, notice period tendered by you, last day/date in office, and  that NO tasks are pending at your end and to whom you should handover the charge within and up to last day in office.

Sanjay Malik (Manager- Legal & Compliance )     01 April 2014

Yes, either you complete notice period or you pay for the same. speak to your HR and request for buy out of remaining notice period, even other wise if you pay the remaining notice period amount, there is nothing illegal in that.

Pradip (Desktop Support Engineer)     01 April 2014

Hi All,

Thanks for quick reply.

Just i want to tell you like i had word with HR to buy 1 month notice period but HR people is saying that they don't have buyout policy. So can i ask to HR by above clause (Either you are the company may terminate employment, by either party giving to the party, in writing, two (2) months’ notice of termination or monthly in lieu of notice.) which is mentioned in offer letter or can i make legal notice if required.

Regards,

Pradip Sisodiya

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     02 April 2014

As advised, you may write to HR  about your resignation and the notice period to be dealt in the manner prescribed in the offer letter, always create a record on such things, preserve it so that it may come handy in case of necessary in the future.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register