LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Deposit of registration fees

My recent visit to Sub Register office at Malkajgiri was an eye opener. I needed to prepare a memorandum of deposit of deed for my own flat to obtain a student loan for my daughter. First the Bank made me to pay for the legal opinion from an Advocate of their choice, then to pay to the Valuer of their choice in addition to the bank's upfront charges. Next I was told to get the Sale Deed of my property mortgaged to the bank. For that I was referred to some document writer who fleeched me a good lot of money simply to prepare a two page documnets namely memorandum of deposit of deeds. From the bank to the SRO at a diffrent place . Here I was told to deposit point five percent of the loan amount as registration fee excluding another Rs 1000/- for some fee. The amount being more than Rs 1000/ by cash I was to proceed to designated SBi br which was Appx 5 KM from SRO. It was arranged of course with some fees.

And then my document were scrutinised and okayed. Meanwhile I had to arrange for two witnesses, a tribe so difficult to manage . It was over with som divine help.

My point is why can't the SRO be provided with the Card swapping/ Debit card reading machine by the designated branch so that payments are made hassle free? I do not know why such simple things are not being done in the public places ? It will help people like me from being harassed unnecessarily.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register