LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rathin (Manager)     07 December 2010

Demand Notice

I got demand notice from bank lawyer through email. Bank didn't send the demand notice through register ad at my resident address. Demand notice is for credit card payment. Should I reply or anot if Yes or no what is the reason. 

Learning

13 Replies

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     07 December 2010

Notice sent through e-mail is equally valid. So far the matter of its reply is concerned, it depends upon you keeping in view the facts and circumstances of your case and you also.

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     07 December 2010

I agree with Mr. raj kumar makkar. 

Y ARAVIND (ADVOCATE)     07 December 2010

Notice through e-mail is equally valid.  Giving reply or not your choice.  If you reply, you have to setforth all the facts and circumstnces besdies dealing with notice contents.    

Abhishek Marvi (ADVOCATE)     07 December 2010

i also agree with Mr. Raj Kumar

penjuri venugopal (Advocate)     10 December 2010

DEMAND NOTICE THROUGH EMAIL IS VALID FOR ALL PURPOSES AND CHOOSE TO  GIVE REPLY WIHTIN 2 WEEKS TO THE AVERMENTS IN THE DEMAND NOTICE . REPLY TO THE DEMAND NOTICE  IS MUST.

Kirti Kar Tripathi (lawyer)     12 December 2010

In case, you  have knowledge of notice, you must reply. Otherwise it can be prove fatal to you.

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     12 December 2010

Not necessary. If you reply than you have accepted its recipt.

Morever if you fail to deny the demands of notice it will be fatal later.

So just wait for further action. The burden will be on the bank than they sent you a notice at address declared by you to them  which includes email.

(Guest)

(1) When the amount is really due, you should send a reply accepting the notice and you ask for time to settle the dues within some period. Don't try to get away from the clutches of the bank, it's not a good idea as your history will go back. You may work out Settlement by means of an arbitration process.

(2) If you have already settled the amount and the bank is wrongly claiming any amount from you, you may take to the notice of the bank's lawyer concerned and refute their allegations.

HARSH GUPTA (ADVOCATE)     13 December 2010

I m  agree with Mr. Rao

Asgher Mahdi (Advocate & Legal Advisor)     30 December 2010

U should reply it with well defense. service of notice via mail is aceptable.

Asgher Mahdi (Advocate & Legal Advisor)     30 December 2010

Sevice of Demand Notice is permisible. You should reply with vaild defenses.

Rathin (Manager)     30 December 2010

sir, pls suggest me a lawyer from kolkata.

jitender pawaria (Advocate)     13 February 2011

i agree notice through email valid but onus on sender to prove that he send legal notice through email and email account manage by him and about email correct address its possible to made email on wrong information

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register